Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Membership cards?

Posted 04-07-2019 04:02 AM
    i paid my dues. AAM sentme a thank you but instead of sending me a card for my money they send me on a scavenger hunt through this site looking for the place to download what I have paid for.. I haven't found it. All I have done is wasted time! If someone knows where this in please let me know. If anyone else feels this is a rather bizarre way to handle membership let me know.

------------------------------
    Bonnie Kelm PhD
    Director Emerita
    Ventura CA
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Membership cards?

Posted 04-08-2019 08:13 AM
    I am not responding for AAM, but I happened to be reading material on the website, and looked at the main layout. I suggest that you open the website main page, scroll to the bottom, and click on "contact us".  On the contact page you will find the phone number for membership: 866-226-2150. There is also a choice You can also click on "Membership" if you would rather take that approach. I have always found the AAM staff to be very helpful and responsive, and hope that you will, as well.

Best,
    Bruce

Bruce MacLeish
    Curator Emeritus, Newport Restoration Foundation
    Cooperstown NY

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Membership cards?

Posted 04-08-2019 09:52 AM
    Hi Bonnie, 
    Thank you for reaching out to us. I'll reach out to you personally via email to help you track down the resource you are looking for. Membership benefits are immediately active from date of purchase, and physical cards take 3-4 weeks to process and mail. You can download a digital membership card here
    Best,

Lauren Griffin
    Membership Manager
    American Alliance of Museums
    Arlington VA