Help

General

What is my password?

You will use the same username and password you use to log in to www.aam-us.org. If you have forgotten your password or need assistance with your login information, contact our membership staff at 866-226-2150.

When I tried to join the Open Forum I got this message: “We're sorry, but you are not allowed to login to this website.”

If this occurs, we recommend closing your browser and trying to login again. If the problem persists, please contact us.

How do I control what information is visible in My Profile?

Click on "My Profile” in the upper right corner, then click “My Settings.” Next, select "Privacy" from the drop down menu. This will let you control what information is visible and to whom. After you've made changes, click the “Save” button at the top or bottom of the page.

How do I change my title/address/phone number?

To change this information in your Museum Junction profile, you'll first need to change it in the AAM database. Visit aam-us.org and login with the same username and password you use for the Museum Junction site. Next, click "Edit Profile" in the top navigation bar. Profile information is updated every 20 minutes.

Contacts

How do I find other members?

Click the “Directory” link found in the blue navigation bar, then “Find a Member." The Directory is only available to individual AAM members and only lists individual AAM members. If you are not an individual member, learn more about membership and join today. You can search for other members based on:

• First or Last Name
  • Company

Use the “Advanced Search” option to increase your search to:

• Organization Type

How do I add contacts to my contact list?

There are several ways to add contacts to your list. When you perform a search in the Directory, you will see an “Add as contact” link underneath each person in your search results. Just click this link to send a contact request. If you click through and view someone’s profile, you can click the contact request link to the right of their profile picture. 

Why should I add contacts to my contact list?

Creating this virtual address book makes it easy to send your contacts messages through the system to stay in touch or ask questions. Additionally, when you view another member’s profile, you’ll be able to see any contacts you have in common with them. You can also choose to let only your contacts view certain demographics in your profile.

Email Preferences

How do I join and receive email digests from the Open Forum?

Go to “Open Forum” in the top blue navigation bar. You will be taken to the landing page of our Open Forum. There is the option to "Join Community." Once you click this, you will be asked to choose an e-mail notification option for the forum's discussion. Your options are:

• Real Time - One email for each message
  • Daily Digest - One email containing all posted messages from the previous day
  • Plain Text - One email for each message with HTML formatting removed
  • I would like to opt-out of receiving email messages

How do I edit my Museum Junction email delivery options? 

Visit your Community Notifications (which can be found under “My Profile” > under “My Account Tab” > “Community Notifications”). Here you can choose to designate an “override” address if you want your digest emails to another email address other than your default. 

The Communities you have joined are listed there under Notification Settings. For each Community, you have the following delivery options:

• Real Time: sends an e-mail every time a new message is posted
  • Daily Digest: sends one e-mail to you each day, consolidating all of the posts from the previous day
  • No E-mail: allows you to be part of the group without having e-mails sent to you. You can still post and read others’ messages by logging in to Museum Junction.

You can also edit your Museum Junction opt-in/out general email preferences here.

Discussions 

How do I start a new discussion thread?

In an e-mail (HTML version) from a particular discussion forum, you can use the “Post Message” link in the right navigation bar. You can also use the “Post Message” link found in the left navigation under “Communities” > “Discussions”.  We recommend bookmarking or adding this link to your favorites list in your web browser to make it easily accessible.

How do I respond to others’ posts?

Click “Reply to Discussion” to send your message to the entire community (an alternative is “Reply to Sender”  which only sends your message back to the sender; both links are located to the right of the post on the e-mail or to the left of the post on the site. We recommend only replying to the sender for simple comments like “me, too” that add little value to the overall discussion.

I’m having trouble viewing the HTML e-mail messages. How do I fix this?

If images are not appearing, it is likely that your e-mail client is set to suppress images. This should be something you can change in your security or viewing options. If you would rather receive text-based e-mail, go to “My Profile” > “My Subscriptions” and select the “Text” format option near the top of the page. Be sure to hit “Save” at the bottom of the page once you’ve made this change.

Libraries

How does the library get populated?

The library populated in two ways: you can upload documents directly by using the “Upload a Document” link found in the left navigation. Alternately, when you include an attachment in a discussion post, the system automatically places it in the library.

How do I upload a document?

In the Library area, click the “Upload a Document” link in the left navigation. Please note that uploading a document is done in a few steps and each step must be completed before you can move on to the next:

1. Choose a title for your document, include a description (optional) select the library to which you’d like to upload it, select a folder to which you’d like to upload it (optional), and choose an Entry Type (most will be Standard Files); then click “Next”

2. Browse and upload your file. Click “Next” if you want to add tags to your file or click “Finish” (you may have to scroll down to access these buttons)

What kind of documents can I upload?

The system supports multiple file types including hyperlinks and standard files (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).

What are the “tags” for?

Tags are another way of organizing and searching for documents. You can help others find the file you uploaded by including tags when you upload it. There are many pre-loaded tag categories to choose from.