Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Video Booth

Posted 01-13-2022 02:38 PM

Hello Museum folks,

My institution is looking to purchase a video booth for guests to record themselves giving responses to artwork and exhibitions. Does anyone have or have had something like this in your museum? Any experiences or guidance would be helpful. Thank you!

Mia Buch (pronounced Me-uh Boo)

Museum Educator
    she / her

Des Moines Art Center
    4700 Grand Avenue
    Des Moines, IA 50312

515.277.4405 (main)

515.271.0349 (direct)

desmoinesartcenter.org

Logo, company name  Description automatically generated

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Video Booth

Posted 01-14-2022 09:34 AM
    StoryKiosk is one of the top products for something like this: https://www.bradlarson.com/storykiosk/

------------------------------
    Meredith Peruzzi
    National Deaf Life Museum
    Gallaudet University
    Washington DC
    ------------------------------

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Video Booth

Posted 01-14-2022 10:14 AM

I was involved in the development of a video booth for a private corporate museum/experience center.   It was a custom implementation that included USB video camera, a PC with custom interactive programming and a video display.  The inclusion of the display allowed the system to prompt the participants with specific questions.  This approach helped focus the video interview.

I am curious what is the intended use for the capture videos?

Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you would like to discuss further.

Philip J. DiPaula

Director of Immersive Systems

Clair Global Integration

pdipaula@clairglobal.com

www.clairglobal.com