Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Museum Supplies

Posted 12-13-2019 09:47 AM
    Hi - I'm wondering if anyone can help me with locating a qualified vendor(s) for museum quality supplies. I am looking for the following items, just to name a few. Any guidance is appreciated:

• Storage boxes (i.e. papers; small artifacts)
    • Magazine/book/shirt covers
    • Display cases (ones specifically that allow for patrons to open and look at exhibits in hand, or ones that have keys)
    • Deep display cases
    • Podiums
    • Donation boxes
    You can also e-mail me at matthew@worldaidsmuseum.org or call me at 954-390-0550, ext. 1

Thanks

------------------------------
    MATTHEW EATON
    Administrative Manager
    World AIDS Museum and Educational Center
    1201 NE 26th St, Suite 111
    Wilton Manors, FL 33305
    (954) 390-0550, ext. 1
    matthew@worldaidsmuseum.org
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Museum Supplies

Posted 12-16-2019 07:38 AM
    University Products or Gaylord

Vivian F. Zoë, Director
    Slater Memorial Museum
    108 Crescent Street, Norwich CT 06360
    860-425-5560 vox
    860-885-0379 fax

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work," Chuck Close, 2003

Please note:  The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments hereto is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the designated recipients.  If the reader/recipient of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this e-mail and all attachments hereto in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail or any of its attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and destroy the original message received.  Thank You.

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Museum Supplies

Posted 12-16-2019 08:26 AM
    Hi Matthew,  

Here are a few we use for storage products:

Gaylord Archival - https://www.gaylord.com/
    University Products - https://www.universityproducts.com/ 

Greg

Gregory A. Jackson, CA

Archivist

Bryn Athyn Historic Landmark District

Glencairn Museum

www.glencairnmuseum.org

• 4.  RE: Museum Supplies

Posted 12-17-2019 09:35 AM
    Matthew,
    There are several supply houses we use for collections storage and exhibition needs. Gaylord is a favorite. Metaledge/ Hollinger for storage boxes,  https://www.hollingermetaledge.com/  Tyvek from https://masterpak-usa.com/products/softwrap-r-tyvekr-by-dupont
    RE display cases, I've had better luck with using local cabinet makers to custom build those.

Mary Douglas
    Kamm Teapot Foundation
    Statesville NC

Mary Douglas
    Collections Manager
    Statesville NC

• 5.  RE: Museum Supplies

Posted 12-17-2019 10:56 AM

We primarily use www.gaylord.com and www.demco.com

Diane Ingram, Supervisor

Manatee County Agricultural Museum, Inc.

For Angelina "Angel" Colonneso

Manatee County Clerk of Circuit Court & Comptroller

1015 6th St. West, Palmetto, FL  34221

(941) 721-2034    FAX: (941) 721-6888

www.manateecountyagmuseum.com

"Pride in Service with a Vision to the Future"

• 6.  RE: Museum Supplies

Posted 12-17-2019 11:03 AM
    Also look at Hollinger Metal Edge for storage and conservation supplies. Their prices are very competitive and their service is very good.
    Brodart, which is a library supply company (they took over Gaylord's library supplies business) may have products that could be useful for you.

Martha Katz-Hyman
    Assistant Curator (Restricted)
    Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation
    Williamsburg VA