Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Multi-modal museums

Posted 03-01-2017 02:14 PM
    Hi all! 
         Stemming off of my last inquiry, I am interested in finding more peer museums similar to the Cincinnati Museum Center. If anyone had any idea of similar multi-modal museums, please don't hesitate to comment and let me know. Just to clarify, when I say multi-modal I mean museums that consist of not only a Natural History museum but also a Children's museum and maybe a nature center. I appreciate your help! 
    Best, 

------------------------------
    Anna Redington
    Intern
    Cincinnati Museum Center at Union Terminal
    Cincinnati OH
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Multi-modal museums

Posted 03-02-2017 06:16 AM
     Not sure if it fits what you have in mind exactly, but you might check out the Adirondack Museum. There's a combination of indoor/outdoor gallery space with a wide variety of collections items (all connected to Adirondack history in one way or another...transportation, boats, furniture, industry, etc.). They have some historic buildings and several areas geared towards children (both indoor and outdoor) with hands on activities and imaginative play. There are also a couple of places set up where they can do demos (boat building, paddle construction, how to steer/maneuver a canoe, etc.). It's an awesome place!

Amber Parham
    Museum Educator/Performer
    Denver Museum of Nature & Science
    Denver CO

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Multi-modal museums

Posted 03-02-2017 11:46 AM
    Our institution is a another great example of the multi-model/multi-museum complex your are referring to.  The first being your institution of course.    Learn more visit our website: Thanksgiving Point Institute  -  ThanksgivingPoint.org | Events, Places to go, and things to do in Utah
    Thanksgivingpoint remove preview
    ThanksgivingPoint.org | Events, Places to go, and things to do in Utah
    If you want to learn extraordinary things, go to extraordinary places. And no place is quite as extraordinary as Thanksgiving Point. This is not a once-a-year, one exhibit destination. With farms, gardens, museums and more, the opportunities for transformative learning experiences are endless.
    View this on Thanksgivingpoint >

C

Blake Wigdahl
    VP - Design & Programming
    Thanksgiving Point Institute
    Lehi UT
    bwigdahl@thanksgivingpoint.org