Open Forum

View Only

Announcement re: Session Participation on Prisons/Prison Museums & Public History at IFPH (deadline approaching)

• 1.  Announcement re: Session Participation on Prisons/Prison Museums & Public History at IFPH (deadline approaching)

Posted 02-07-2018 01:30 PM

Greetings:

My name is Megan Cullen Tewell and I am currently a PhD candidate in the Public History program at North Carolina State University. A colleague and I are interested in preparing a session on prisons/prison museums and public history for the International Federation for Public History taking place in São Paulo, Brazil in August 2018. My work focuses on prison tourism in the United States, including the "musemification" of, and interpretation at, former sites of incarceration (namely, state and federal prisons). The other potential panelist examines "representations of poverty and punishment in British prison museums." We are seeking an additional participant with complementary or related interests in prisons and public history. 

For additional information, a link to the IFPH Call for Proposals can be found here: http://ifph.hypotheses.org/1727.

The guidelines state: "session proposals (3 to 4 papers, 15 minutes each) are welcome and must be submitted in English... Session proposals should include a general abstract for the session, the name and contact information of the session's coordinator, abstracts for all individual papers, and names and contact information of all paper presenters. Session and paper abstracts should have a maximum of 1000 characters of 150 words."

The deadline for all proposals is February 15, 2018, so timely responses are appreciated. 

If interested, please feel free to reach out using the contact information provided below. 

Thank you for your time and consideration. 

Sincerely,

Megan Cullen Tewell

Email: mncullen@ncsu.edu 

------------------------------
    Megan Cullen Tewell
    PhD candidate, Public History
    North Carolina State University
    Raleigh NC
    ------------------------------
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more