Open Forum

View Only

New history TV series doing well on CBS and YouTube

• 1.  New history TV series doing well on CBS and YouTube

Posted 04-02-2020 11:53 AM

Dear colleagues,

As a former White House Chef and a GM of the Camp David Resort and Conference Center, I am happy to offer some respite from the doldrums of this virus. I know all of us are super challenged right now in so many different ways as SPring has sprung, Easter peeks around the corner, and the PEEP factory was closed.

Trust me, our daughter bought up all of the peeps she could get her hands on at the supermarket!

Anyway, I know our group would enjoy watching Inside the Presidents' Cabinet TV series and realize that many of you do not watch CBS - so we have the whole thing up on YouTube.

A couple of things we seek comments on:

1. One guest mentioned that YouTube IS NOT television so all the money we spent (and effort) with film crews was FAKE TV and would not resound well with people. He obviously fails to watch us on CBS television, but that's beside the point. How do you feel?

2. We launched this TV series (Inside the Presidents' Cabinet TV series, Season One - YouTube

YouTube remove preview
    Inside the Presidents' Cabinet TV series, Season One - YouTube
    (PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL AND THANK YOU :) If you can't watch us on CBS television on WBTV then enjoy the fun anecdotes, recipes, and behind the scenes...
    View this on YouTube >

) as a new way to reach our guests and digital visitors from around the world. Would your museum like to collaborate with us for season two or three and we film there?

a. Would you be open to a LIVE YouTube or Facebook stream with us cooking a famous dish relative to your museum?

b. Would you also be open to a talk given, book signing, and/or relevant cooking demonstration with sample handed out?

3. We have been working with Google Arts and Culture for many years now. How do you perceive their contribution worldwide? Do you agree that it is one more tool for helping museums? Or do you dislike their showing of museum items online?

------------------------------
    Thank you, from Marti

Martin CJ Mongiello, MBA, MA, MCFE.

CEO and CMO at The United States Presidential Service Center Foundation Trusts and US Presidential Culinary Museum. White House Military Office badge number 14592, 301 Cleveland Avenue, Grover, NC 28073
    001 (704) 937-2940 

www.PresidentialServiceCenter.org

www.PresidentialCulinaryMuseum.org

GM of The Inn of the Patriots country inn www.TheInnofthePatriots.com

"Enjoy a night at the museum!"
    ------------------------------
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more