Open Forum

View Only

Seeking Co-Presenters for Session Proposal about Teens in Museums

• 1.  Seeking Co-Presenters for Session Proposal about Teens in Museums

Posted 09-19-2019 05:41 PM

Hi all,

My colleague Ann Atwood (aatwood@mos.org) and I are seeking any potentially interested co-presenters in developing a session proposal about creating meaningful experiences for teen volunteers/staff in museums (working title: "Beyond Docents: The Museum's Role in Supporting Meaningful Teen Experiences")

Our team is currently working on a few NSF-funded projects that involve partnering with local universities to provide science education, science communication and science research training to teen staff working in our early childhood exhibition at the Museum of Science. We'd love to hear more about the work that other folks are doing in the field, and how your institution is creating opportunities for teens that offer deeper engagement and promote lifelong skills, affinity and mentorship.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly at: rfyler@mos.org

I recognize the deadline is quickly approaching, so Ann and I are happy to tackle the majority of the proposal writing as needed!

Thank you for your consideration!

Best,
    Rachel​

------------------------------
    Rachel Fyler
    Child Development Education Associate
    Museum of Science
    Boston MA
    ------------------------------
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more