Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Museum Apps

Posted 08-19-2020 11:54 AM
    What platforms are museums using for virtual guides? Is there an industry standard? What is the typical budget for app creation and annual support? Is this an area of study in museum studies, or does it fall under another area like member services? I'm interested in developing this skill area. Thanks ;-) 

--
    Lily Wagner
    ELD Teacher
    Lewelling Elementary
    503-353-5440

"You did then what you knew how to do, And when you knew better, You did better."

-Maya Angelou

"There is no elevator to success, you have to take the stairs."
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Museum Apps

Posted 08-20-2020 10:29 AM
    This is a great question Lily!  I would be very interested to know what others are using to place videos, and lesson plans online where teachers can access them.

------------------------------
    John Ryder
    Executive Director
    The Michigan Heroes Museum
    Frankenmuth MI

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Museum Apps

Posted 08-21-2020 01:36 PM
    I would love to hear more about this topic! I am conducting a research project this Fall and am looking for museum personnel to participate in anecdotal interviews related to digital initiatives in the age of COVID-19.

Samantha Wilkinson
    Education Programming Assistant
    Museum of Contemporary Art Detroit
    Detroit MI