Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Member Newsletters

Posted 01-21-2022 10:27 AM
    Every year or so, my staff has a discussion on what we should do about our Member Newsletters. We currently send a brief monthly e-update and 3 printed/mailed Newsletters a year for 1st semester, 2nd semester, summer. 

Due to staffing challenges, we've discussed continuing the monthly e-update, but decreasing the printed newsletter to 2x/year. 

What do the rest of you do?

Thanks,
    Martin

--
    Martin S. Fisher
    Executive Director
    Science Central
    1950 North Clinton Street
    Fort Wayne, IN  46805
    Phone: 260-424-2400 ext. 441
    Fax: 260-422-2899
    Cellular: 260-452-4047
    Email: mfisher@sciencecentral.org
    www.sciencecentral.org
    41°5'52" N  85°7'8" W  756 ft.

Spark Your Imagination!
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Member Newsletters

Posted 01-24-2022 08:13 AM
    Hi Martin,

Our Museum is having the same discussion. We currently send weekly eblasts to our entire mailing list and quarterly print newsletters that go to members and high-level donors. We're considering making the print newsletter digital-only. I'll be sending out a survey to the recipients within the next month to gauge their interest in the print newsletter and its contents. I'm interested in hearing what other organizations do.

Thanks,
    Mary

------------------------------
    Mary Delaney
    Marketing Director
    Museum of Russian Icons
    Clinton MA

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Member Newsletters

Posted 01-28-2022 08:25 AM
    Our staff at the museum has gone to e-blasts and newsletters to help with cost and with staffing shortage it is the most efficient way to get the news out there still about all of our programing.

Kim Zierlein
    Buffalo Bill Center of the West
    Accounting Assistant

Cody, WY