Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Job Descriptions

Posted 03-30-2019 12:15 PM
    Would anyone who works at a smaller museum or historical society be willing to share with me your organization's job descriptions for those that work in the following segments: front desk, gift shop, membership and volunteer coordination? I would be most interested in seeing job descriptions for those that cover any or all of those segments with one/two employees.  We are a small museum who's staff covers multiple posts and I am interested to see how other museums cover multiple duties. 

Any help is appreciated.  I can be reached at admin@capecoralhistoricalmuseum.org

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Janel Trull
    Executive Director
    Cape Coral Historical Society & Museum
    Cape Coral FL
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Job Descriptions

Posted 04-01-2019 11:39 AM
    Janel,
    Good news! Because your museum is a Tier 3 member, you have access to our Sample Document Library (https://www.aam-us.org/programs/resource-library/) which contains job descriptions similar to the ones you're looking for. You'll be able to search the library by keyword and/or by museum type and size.

Let me know if you have any trouble logging in or searching for the right set of documents!

Marjie George
    Director, Member Services
    American Alliance of Museums
    Arlington VA

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Job Descriptions

Posted 04-01-2019 12:44 PM
    Hi Janel,

I have re-posted this to the Small Museum Administrators Committee Facebook page:SMAC Facebook    SMAC is AAM's Professional Network serving the more than 25,000 small museums across the country.

Janice Klein
    Executive Director
    Museum Association of Arizona
    Tempe AZ