Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Strategic Planning

Posted 02-05-2017 02:57 PM
    Does anyone have experience with, and a recommendation for, a good strategic planning firm close to the Boston area?

------------------------------
    Stuart Green MBA
    Waban MA
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Strategic Planning

Posted 02-06-2017 06:17 AM
    Good Morning Steve,

I am in New Haven and work pro bono with clients across the country.  I'd be happy to discuss my approach with you. 

Art

Arthur Hunt, Principal
    RWS Advisers
    Hamden, CT
    art@rwsadvisers.com

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Strategic Planning

Posted 02-06-2017 06:49 AM
    Edited by Colin Windhorst 02-06-2017 06:57 AM
    What kind of strategic planning do you have in mind?  I am working on strategic planning with several institutions in the northeast that are limited in scale, but broad in scope.   One that has served as model for us has been the Strategic Plan prepared by the Saint Gaudens National Historic Site:

This Strategic Plan was written to fulfill the requirements of Section 104 of the National Parks Omnibus Management Act of 1998. This legislation requires all field units of the National Park System prepare Strategic Plans and Annual Performance Plans consistent with the Government Performance and Results Act of 1993 and make these documents available to the public. The law was a catalyst for our staff to examine its fundamental mission and to take a fresh, longer range view, in precise terms, of what results or outcomes we needed to achieve to more effectively and efficiently accomplish that mission.

A Link to this planning document can be found at

https://www.nps.gov/saga/learn/management/upload/SAGA%20FY%202008%20-%202012%20Strategic%20Plan.pdf

I hope this helps.

Colin Windhorst PhD
    The Norumbega Foundation
    norumbega@myfairpoint.net.

• 4.  RE: Strategic Planning

Posted 02-06-2017 09:31 AM
    We just finished creating our strategic plan in 2016. We used Susan Byrd of Westover Fine Arts. We were very pleased.

Not in Boston but I know that she travels to clients. Her website focuses more on the art advisory part of the business, but her strategic planning and board development work is excellent.

Westover Fine Arts

SusanByrd@WestoverFineArts.com

Patricia Giordano
    COO/Deputy Director
    Memorial Art Gallery of Rochester
    Rochester NY

• 5.  RE: Strategic Planning

Posted 02-06-2017 11:26 AM

Ask Jeanie, if they cannot help you they will know who can.
    Art Manask

Jeanie Stahl Vice President White Oak Associates PO Box 1164 17 Essex Street Marblehead, MA 01945 781-639-0722 voice

Arthur Manask
    President
    Manask & Associates
    Burbank CA

• 6.  RE: Strategic Planning

Posted 02-06-2017 11:28 AM
    Here's another local person/firm.
    Art Manask
    Peter Kuttner FAIA President Cambridge Seven Associates, Inc. 1050 Massachusetts Ave Cambridge, MA 02138 p: 617.492.7000   m: 617.548.7852

Arthur Manask
    President
    Manask & Associates
    Burbank CA

• 7.  RE: Strategic Planning

Posted 02-07-2017 10:43 AM

Stuart,

Great to hear of other AAM members in the neighborhood!  I own a marketing agency, Immerse Agency (www.ImmerseAgency.com) located in Newton Upper Falls.  We specialize in the development and implementation of strategic marketing plans for museums and exhibitions across the country.  We are currently working on projects at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Museum, the Houston Museum of Natural Science and the Whydah Pirate Museum in Cape Cod; and have recently completed work at Buffalo Museum of Science, Cincinnati Museum Center, Orlando Science Center, The Bowers Museum & others.  In addition, our executive team has worked on some of the most successful traveling museum exhibitions across North America, now having sold in excess of 10 Million museum/exhibition tickets.

I would welcome the opportunity to chat with you about strategies we can employ to drive attendance for your venue.  We have consulted on a variety of levels including strategic planning (ticket pricing, membership models, database development), media planning, graphic design, PR and other key elements of a smart and strategic campaign to drive sales.

I encourage you to peak through our website and to reach out directly at SSelenow@ImmerseAgency.com or 617-795-7096.

Hope to have the opportunity to connect.  Good Luck,

Scott Selenow
    President
    Immerse Agency
    617-795-7096
    sselenow@immerseagency.com
    44 Oak St. Newton, MA 02464