Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Help neededed: Resarch on English to Spanish translation

Posted 05-19-2020 04:22 AM

Hi all!

I hope this message finds you all well. I'm a professor at the Translation Department at Málaga University, Spain. I am presently conducting a research on English-Spanish translation of texts from US museums and was wondering whether your institution could contribute by sending me texts in English and their translation into Spanish, so that I can analyze their main characteristics. My aim is to gather as many texts as possible, and any text type would work: maps, brochures, teaching material, transcripts, blog posts.

I would really appreciate if you want to collaborate with this project. So, if you have any translated texts, please contact me at leiva@uma.es.

Thank you for your attention and time and have a great day,

Jorge

------------------------------
    Jorge Leiva Rojo PhD
    Senior Professor
    Málaga
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Help neededed: Resarch on English to Spanish translation

Posted 05-20-2020 11:24 AM
    Sent you an email.  I am willing to help!  I am looking for the same type of information except opposite!  I am currently working on a large project in Mexico and need Spanish to English!

All the best,

Joanne DelRio

Art Curator Lead Americas, DCM GLOBAL

T +1 862 778 8362
    M +1 201 317 4514

Email : joanne.delrio@novartis.com

Novartis Services Incorporated

One Health Plaza

Building 434 - 261E

East Hanover, NJ 07936-1080

USA

JOANNE DELRIO MBA
    CORPORATE ART CURATOR

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Help neededed: Resarch on English to Spanish translation

Posted 05-20-2020 03:49 PM
    Dear Joanne,
    what are you exactly looking for? Please let me know, I'll be happy to help, for example by pointing you some websites from Spanish museums with much of their content translated into Spanish.
    Thank you,
    Jorge

Jorge Leiva Rojo PhD
    Senior Professor
    Málaga

• 4.  RE: Help neededed: Resarch on English to Spanish translation

Posted 05-20-2020 04:26 PM
    I'm currently compiling a brochure of a Morado mural. Contest that has been provided to me is in Spanish I need to make it available in English. Most of the programs that I have don't all the words correctly. Mexico has a different dialect then some of the others so it has been quite challenging. I was looking to see if you were using translations

Joanne DelRio
    Art Curator Lead Americas, DCM GLOBAL

+1 862 778 8362
    +1 201 317 4514
    Email : joanne.delrio@novartis.com

Novartis Services Incorporated 
    One Health Plaza
    Building 434 - 261E
    East Hanover, NJ 07936-1080 
    USA

• 5.  RE: Help neededed: Resarch on English to Spanish translation

Posted 05-22-2020 02:43 PM
    Dear Joanne,
    I have been searching on my files but have nothing on Morado. You might want to have a look at this website (https://www.moma.org/calendar/exhibitions/1152), not on Morado but on Rivera. If you cannot find the Spanish version and if you need it, please let me know, since I might have a copy.
    Best wishes,
    Jorge.

Jorge Leiva Rojo PhD
    Senior Professor
    Málaga

• 6.  RE: Help neededed: Resarch on English to Spanish translation

Posted 05-20-2020 12:17 PM
    What about exhibition catalog texts? I can point you to some published examples, but this may be outside your scope.

Laura Caruso
    Director of Publications
    Denver Art Museum
    Denver CO
    Director of Publications

• 7.  RE: Help neededed: Resarch on English to Spanish translation

Posted 05-20-2020 03:47 PM
    Dear Laura, 
    catalogs could also work, so it would be great if you can help me with this. 
    Thank you,
    Jorge

Jorge Leiva Rojo PhD
    Senior Professor
    Málaga

• 8.  RE: Help neededed: Resarch on English to Spanish translation

Posted 06-09-2020 11:11 AM

Hello again!
    I hope you are safe and healthy. I am writing to remind that I am interested in receiving as many bilingual texts (English-Spanish) as possible from museums all over the US. Thanks to the help of many AAM members, I have received so far a bunc of pair texts that are going to be very helpful for my research. So far I have texts from around 45 American museums, and it would be great if I could have texts from more museums.
    As I mentioned in my previous message, I am looking for texts in English and their translation into Spanish, and any text type would work: maps, brochures, teaching material, transcripts, blog posts.

If you have any translated texts, please contact me at leiva@uma.es.

Thank you for your attention and time and have a great day,

Jorge

Jorge Leiva Rojo PhD
    Senior Professor
    Málaga