Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Friends' Groups Survey from AASLH

Posted 08-15-2021 12:30 PM
    Dear colleagues:

I'm writing as the current chair of AASLH's Standards and Ethics Committee. We're working on guidance to history organizations that work with friends' groups (and to friends groups that support history organizations!). The topic came to us from the State Historical Administrators Meeting (aka SHAM!), an AASLH group that meets a few times per year.  We're considering friends' groups as nonprofit organizations whose sole purpose is to support another organization through such activities as the raising of funds, sponsorship of programs, or other initiatives.

The first step in this process is to find out what both types of organizations would like guidance about. To that end, we've created a brief survey to understand current areas of concern and where guidance from AASLH might be helpful. If you have not already done so, would you consider distributing this survey link to the Greater Hudson membership? 
    The survey will close on August 30, 2021.
    Thanks so much!

Erin

------------------------------
    Erin Richardson PhD
    Founder and Principal
    Frank & Glory
    Cooperstown NY
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Friends' Groups Survey from AASLH

Posted 08-16-2021 01:58 PM
    Erin,

This is such an important topic.  I look forward to participating in a platform to discuss and share information on Friends group.  Please count me in, survey completed.

Angela

Angela Agard
    Executive Director, Clemson Area African American Museum
    Clemson SC

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more