Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Bilingual Signage Resources

Posted 03-17-2022 05:26 PM
    Hello everyone,

The Lindsay Wildlife Experience is looking into creative inexpensive ways to offer bilingual signage to our Spanish-speaking guests. We don't have a lot of space for additional signage nor the budget so we're hoping for a creative solution that any museums might have used and found to be successful. We're currently considering either the use of a booklet that can be checked out at the front desk that will map out the translation of key exhibit text or placing QR codes at the start of each exhibit that guests can scan with their phone and access that exhibits signage in Spanish. 

If you have done anything similar, we would love to hear about your success and lessons learned. Please feel free to reply to me via email at cschwandt@lindsaywildlife.org

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Christina Schwandt
    Interim Education Manager
    Lindsay Wildlife Experience

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Bilingual Signage Resources

Posted 03-18-2022 09:24 AM
    Hello Christina,

Will Lach from Eriksen Translations. We assist nearly every major cultural institution in North America, as well as the National Park Service. I'd love to chat with you about  solutions, as we've assisted parks with constraints similar to yours. You can reach me at the contact info below:

Will Lach
    Eriksen Translations
    917 370-2808
    will.lach@eriksen.com

I'll also be exhibiting at AAM this year.

Best regards,

Will

Will Lach
    Director of Sales
    Eriksen Translations Inc.
    Brooklyn NY

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Bilingual Signage Resources

Posted 03-18-2022 09:41 AM
    Hi Christina,

This is Carlos Hevia from Multilingual Connections. We have a multilingual QR code platform that we developed for cultural institutions for exactly this type of situation. If you'd like to connect with us and learn more, you can reach me through the contact information below.

Best regards,

Carlos Hevia
    Director of Business Development

+ 1 (815) 993-8828 | carlos@mlconnections.com

multilingualconnections.com

Carlos Hevia
    Multilingual Connections, LLC
    Evanston IL