Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Curriculum Writing Grants

Posted 05-05-2017 09:49 AM
    Hello!

I am looking for a curriculum writing grant for informal educators! My site (Angel Mounds, Evansville, IN) is a Mississippian site and a teacher brought it to my attention over spring break that she has been teaching about Angel Mounds for 25 years but was not able to get any useful information or a short lesson plan from us.

I would love to find a grant that would allow me not only to write a week long unit for teachers but to also provide it to Indiana teachers for free, at least for a year.

Pie in the sky I know, but if anyone knows of a grant that would be a good fit. Please let me know!

Thank you in advance.

------------------------------
    Elizabeth Bostelman
    Program Developer
    Angel Mounds State Historic Site
    Evansville IN
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Curriculum Writing Grants

Posted 05-08-2017 06:26 AM
    I was looking through grantwatch.com and they had grants for educational projects let me know if you need help finding them

Allison Dolan
    volunteer
    Largo FL

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Curriculum Writing Grants

Posted 05-08-2017 04:41 PM
    Good luck! We've developed a number of curricula guides here at Brooklyn Historical Society (you can see them here: Brooklyn Historical Society) You can also see the funders for each project listed in the PDFs or by their logos on the download page - and see that most of them were through foundations. We typically work with our Development Department to work out who we're asking for what, and they typically come with deliverables in addition to the finished curriculum (eg Teacher Workshops). 

Perhaps there are local organizations who would be interested in helping fund/partner with you on the development of a curriculum? 

That teacher who has been teaching it for 25 years is your curriculum writer! Don't lose her contact info.

Alexander Tronolone
    Manager of Teaching & Learning, Grades 6 - 12+
    Brooklyn Historical Society
    Brooklyn NY