Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  CRM and POS programs

Posted 03-30-2022 03:20 PM
    We are currently looking for a new member management and point of sale program for our small museum; we currently have Altru. I would appreciate other small museums comments on what systems they use and/or which ones to definitely stay away from. 

Thanks,

------------------------------
    Annette Jorgensen
    Membership and Development Coordinator
    Seminary Ridge Museum and Education Center
    Gettysburg PA
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: CRM and POS programs

Posted 03-31-2022 08:01 AM
    Hi,

We are reviewing various CRM systems and we came across Veevart.com.  It may suit your needs.

Tom

Thomas Tolentino
    SVP and Chief Operation Officer
    New York NY

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: CRM and POS programs

Posted 03-31-2022 12:18 PM
    Yes, thank you. We visited with them the other day. We were impressed but would like to see other options.

Annette Jorgensen

• 4.  RE: CRM and POS programs

Posted 03-31-2022 01:43 PM
    From Science Central, in Fort Wayne, IN
    =======
    From our Visitor Services/IT Director:

Chris Harris <charris@sciencecentral.org> wrote:
    If you wanted to reply back, this is a reply I've done before to the ASTC listserves...
    Here's the Ticketing Software that Science Central uses as a small/medium sized institution.

ATMS+ (click here), a Canadian company.
    We use this to track General Admissions, Programs & Events, Donations, Memberships, Online Sales, etc. I know this program pretty well and would be happy to answer any specific questions.  The more we integrate it, the more I like it.

This is a post I made a while back that might be helpful...
    At Science Central (Fort Wayne, IN), we use a program called ATMS+. It's made by Vantix Systems, Inc. out of Edmonton, AB. I would recommend this program under these conditions.
    • Consider the cost of ongoing support and pay it! Don't think you'll save money by not renewing support - you'll pay in so many other ways.
    • Understand that setting up a database of this size/complexity is an ongoing process for a small museum and your organization will have to adjust accordingly. It will take a long time! We first started using ATMS+ in 2011 and, due to several factors, we are just now starting to understand it as an organization [in 2017].
    • If at all possible, I would highly recommend hiring someone who's primary responsibility is administering whatever database you choose. If this isn't possible, then consider paying someone (ex. Vantix, Inc., Managed IT Provider, etc.) to do the initial setup for you. At Science Central, no one person on our staff is responsible for administering the DB as our primary responsibility. This is one of the reasons why it's taken so long for us to efficiently utilize it.
    I am happy to give a more complete review outside of the community upon request.
    Chris
    Chris Harris
    Visitor Services Director
    Science Central
    1950 N. Clinton St.
    Fort Wayne, IN 46805
    (260) 424-2400 ext. 411

======

From our Finance Coordinator:
    If you post this, I would add that we are looking for another program also.  One that would include development, admissions, memberships, gift shop, and education department, and facility rentals.

Beckie Ervin
    rervin@sciencecentral.org

===============

Martin S. Fisher
    Executive Director
    Science Central
    Fort Wayne, IN

• 5.  RE: CRM and POS programs

Posted 03-31-2022 01:50 PM
    Thanks!

Annette Jorgensen

• 6.  RE: CRM and POS programs

Posted 04-01-2022 02:41 PM
    Hi Annette,

A few years back the team at Cuseum put this list together of CRM and POS systems. While the list is not entirely exhaustive, it could be helpful: 

Tips for choosing a CRM for your museum or organization

And this,

Tips for choosing a Point of Sale (POS) system for your museum or organization

Hope this helps!

Dan Sullivan
    Partnerships
    Cuseum
    Boston MA