Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  AAM 2019 Presentation Proposals

Posted 07-31-2018 10:41 AM
    Hello,

I have been looking for the call for papers for the 2019 conference and I can't find any information.  I have checked the website, the forums, the emails.  I have emailed the general contact on the website.  Perhaps I missed it somewhere.  If anyone has information on how to submit a session proposal, please let me know. I may have already missed the deadline.

Thank you,

------------------------------
    Amy Van Dyke
    Lead Curator of Exhibitions
    Museum of the Bible

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: AAM 2019 Presentation Proposals

Posted 08-01-2018 08:47 AM
    I also have been looking unsuccessfully.  Anyone?

Beth Twiss Houting
    Senior Director of Programs an
    Historical Society of Pennsylvania
    Philadelphia PA

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: AAM 2019 Presentation Proposals

Posted 08-01-2018 11:41 AM
    Hi!

I believe the call for proposals happens in mid-August. Keep an eye out on your inbox, I'm sure they will be announcing it soon.

Good luck!

Blair Denniberg
    Executive Assistant- Finance
    Oregon Museum of Science and Industry
    Portland OR

• 4.  RE: AAM 2019 Presentation Proposals

Posted 08-02-2018 08:22 AM
    One of our statewide association colleagues encouraging small museum proposals hinted the other day that the call for proposals from AAM is likely to hit in the middle of August with a middle of September deadline. It's likely the call for proposals, when it's posted, will get wide distribution so I'd recommend a little patience.

Best,

Rusty

Rusty Baker
    Executive Director
    PA Museums
    Harrisburg PA

• 5.  RE: AAM 2019 Presentation Proposals

Posted 08-02-2018 12:27 PM
    Thanks, Rusty, and to the others who asked or answered in this thread.

Yes, we expect to begin accepting session proposals in mid-August 2018 for the 2019 Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo in New Orleans.

AAM members can also watch for a notification in Aviso, your weekly member e-newsletter, and we also will update status here:

Session Proposals

Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo remove preview
    Session Proposals
    We expect to begin accepting session proposals in mid-August 2018 for the 2019 Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo in New Orleans. Check back on this page for updates. AAM members can also watch for a notification in Aviso, your weekly member e-newsletter.
    View this on Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo >

Joseph Klem
    Director, Public Relations
    American Alliance of Museums
    Arlington VA

• 6.  RE: AAM 2019 Presentation Proposals

Posted 08-14-2018 09:20 AM
    Hello all:  I do not know if AAM has officially announced yet, but I check this morning and the CFP has been posted
    Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo. Proposals are due September 7th - right around the corner!

Erin Richardson PhD
    Principal
    Erin Richardson Consulting
    Cooperstown NY