Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Sample of Museum Business plan, sample for funding

Posted 05-13-2022 08:30 AM
    Good Friday,
    First I want to thank everyone for the responses I received from my last post it was a huge help and pointed me in the right direction
    I will not be able to attend the upcoming event in Boston but wanted to ask if someone has an example of a business plan for starting a museum that I can review to see if I'm heading in the right direction, a sample letter for looking for grants, sponsorships and funding from philanthropist and how to work maintain a gift shop what sells best( hats, scarves, books ect)
    I'm also looking to see if there are special PR companies that work with museums only. 
    Thank you for your help -
    It seems that the members of AAM are truly giving people and have built a community that helps each-other and takes pride is other members success 
    thank you 
    Gary Grunner
    grunneronwine@gmail.com
    917-826-2667

------------------------------
    Gary Grunner
    Project Director
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Sample of Museum Business plan, sample for funding

Posted 06-21-2022 12:14 PM
    Hello,

I am new-ish to the AAM community and was hoping to find sample business plans as well, specifically for non-profit museums. Did members end up sending you some? I searched in the community discussion but wasn't able to see any of the replies to your post. 

Thanks so much,
    Rebecca
    www.springsongmuseum.org

Rebecca Henson
    Silver Spring MD

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Sample of Museum Business plan, sample for funding

Posted 06-22-2022 09:48 AM
    Hi Gary,

Regarding this part of your inquiry, "sponsorships and funding from philanthropist and how to work maintain a gift shop what sells best (hats, scarves, books etc)', you might want to reach out to Museum Store Association. Further, many of the MSA members are 'retail consultants', several of which I have known and worked with when we provided retail consulting for Museum stores, onlline, etc. that you may be able to reach out to in the geographical area of the country where you have the need(s).

Hope this is helpful.

Best regards,
    Art

Art Manask
    Founder/Principal
    Art Manask Consulting
    artmanask@gmail.com
    818 358-3588
    www.artmanaskconsulting.com

• 4.  RE: Sample of Museum Business plan, sample for funding

Posted 06-23-2022 09:45 AM
    I am also interested in Gary's search.

Greg Moss
    Museum Planning Committee
    International Society of Antique Scale Collectors (www.isasc.org)
    Pittsburgh, PA