Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Corporate Membership Programs

Posted 11-30-2017 12:46 PM
    Hello All,

We are trying to grow our corporate membership program (currently structured as a tax-deductible HR benefit for employees) but find that our prospects are more interested in corporate sponsorship.

Do any of you have a successful corporate membership program at your organization, and how does it differ from corporate sponsorship? What benefits do you find speak to your prospects?

Thank you.
    Stephanie

Stephanie Watanabe Huber
    Membership Manager

The Petersen Automotive Museum
    6060 Wilshire Blvd.
    Los Angeles, CA 90036
    o: 323-964-6367
    www.petersen.org

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Corporate Membership Programs

Posted 12-01-2017 12:24 PM
    ​​Stephanie,
    Many museums and cultural institutions I work with in the U.S. that have a wonderful facility rental / event venue like the Petersen, creatively create the ability for corporate members to host their employees, families, clients and/or prospective clients to unique, exciting and educational events at the Museum as part of their corporate membership.

Since the completion of your renovation the Petersen has so much more to offer in this regard. And the Petersen is very unlike and different from all the other Los Angeles area museums. A creative and innovative approach in this regard should help you increase corporate memberships.

Let me add that if carefully and thoughtfully designed. a corporate member events program at the Museum does not have to compete with facility rental activities for the most part because that facility rental income (and income from the catering services for the rental events) is and always has been very important earned income at the Petersen.

Hope this is helpful and if any questions let me know.
    Art

------------------------------
    Art Manask
    Principal
    Art Manask Consulting, Inc.
    artmanask@gmail.com
    818 557-0636
    ------------------------------

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more