Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Altru Community?

Posted 07-26-2019 09:16 AM
    Hello everyone!

I am the Groups Reservation Coordinator at the Transit Museum. I'd love to connect with people who use BlackBaud Altru. We are trying to expand our use of Altru, and are not sure how other institutions best utilize it. For instance, we aren't currently using Altru to log our family programs and would love to, but aren't sure how that would work. 

Also, if anyone needs help troubleshooting anything in Altru, I'd love to help!

Thanks in advance!

------------------------------
    Cassie Wood
    Group Reservations Coordinator
    New York Transit Museum
    Brooklyn NY
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Altru Community?

Posted 07-29-2019 12:44 PM
    Hello Cassie-

At the Natural History Museum of Utah we use Altru as our main CRM and POS system. We are using it to book all of our youth and family programs. We contracted with an outside developer to do some website customization on the customer end, but on the user side we are pretty happy with Altru for most of the functions we need. Unfortunately we're at that end-of-summer lull in programming so there are not a lot of active pages that I can point you to for examples right now. You might take a look at our school field trip pages https://nhmu.utah.edu/fieldtrip-availability to give you some sense of what we've done. For example, the availability calendar at the bottom of that page is populated with content from Altru (via the Altru API that the aforementioned developer used to pull the data out). I wish we still had summer camp pages up (everything is already over or sold out) because they were the heaviest users of customization to alter what the customer was shown and what they had to fill out. I'd be happy to talk to you or connect you with others on our staff to share more about what we're doing. HMU if you want. tmillet@nhmu.utah.edu or 801-581-7229.

Tony Millet
    Chief Financial Officer
    Natural History Museum of Utah - University of Utah
    Salt Lake City UT

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Altru Community?

Posted 07-30-2019 08:33 AM
    Thank you for sharing your website and process, Tony! I'm interested in knowing more about what you do on the back end in Altru. The items on your calendar all look like pre-registered program events. Is that correct? Do you do anything additional on the back end like create a group sale or assign volunteers, staffing resources, etc. to manage the tour program? Are the lead teachers given relationships to the school and/or additional teachers?

Kiku Langford McDonald
    she/her/hers
    Database Manager
    RISD Museum
    Providence RI

• 4.  RE: Altru Community?

Posted 07-30-2019 05:42 PM
    Hi Kiku,

I coordinate the field trips at NHMU and handle all of the back end of this program in Altru. I would be happy to discuss our process anytime! You are correct that the calendar is pre-registered program events. We use these as our requests and then I create a group sale to confirm their visit. I do not use the staffing resources but another one of our programs is hoping to use that feature starting this fall. All teachers for the field trip are on the Group Sale so that they receive email communications about the visit. Each teacher has a constituent record and a relationship with their school. 

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Annie Young
    Education Coordinator
    Salt Lake City UT

• 5.  RE: Altru Community?

Posted 07-30-2019 05:36 PM
    Edited by Annie Young 07-30-2019 05:36 PM
    Hi Cassie,

I see Tony also replied but we use Altru here at NHMU. We use it for almost all programming here including field trips and family programming. I would be happy to discuss our usage sometime. I also always love connecting with people who use Altru!

Annie Young
    Education Coordinator
    Salt Lake City UT

• 6.  RE: Altru Community?

Posted 08-05-2019 09:31 AM

Hi Cassie!

I am the Scheduling Coordinator for the Cleveland Museum of Natural History. We also use Altru as our CRM and use it for our public programs as well as our rentals and school groups (Preregistered program events, group sales, and group sales respectively). I would be happy to discuss Altru with you or any of these other Altru-using organizations at any time. You can email me at mwalters@cmnh.org or call M-F 9-5 at 216-231-4600 x 3272. 

Matthew Walters
    Scheduling Coordinator
    Cleveland Museum of Natural History
    Cleveland OH