Open Forum

View Only

IMLS Program Games for Change

• 1.  IMLS Program Games for Change

Posted 12-15-2020 03:46 PM
    Disclaimer: I don't work for this organization, but my cousin does and she told me about this opportunity. Not the right fit for us but I thought some of you might be interested! Sorry for the quick turnaround re deadline.

Games for Change, with support from the Institute of Museum and Library Services and General Motors, is looking for museum education programs to apply for Game Plan.
    Game Plan is a new professional development program, designed for our current era of social distancing, to raise museum capacity nationwide for using games and game-like learning within youth programming. Along with a modest stipend ($3,000), Game Plan will provide curriculum, online training, a supportive community, and the opportunity for museum youth to compete in a nation-wide game design challenge themed on the idea of resiliency.
    There are more details in the attached pdf. If you have any questions, please feel free to reply to his email or sign up to attend one of three OPTIONAL Office Hours here.
    If this opportunity is of interest, please complete this brief interest form. (Please note, if you are ready to apply and need no more information, feel free to skip this step).
    Or, if you do not have any questions and/or are ready to apply, please go here if you are a museum (or here if you are an independent museum educator who has recruited their own museum).
    We kindly request you apply by Friday, December 18th. Final decisions will be made on a rolling basis after December 18th.

------------------------------
    Jennifer Joyce
    Assistant Manager of Interpretive Programs - Docent Program
    National September 11 Memorial & Museum
    New York NY
    ------------------------------