Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Understanding Museum Visitors

Posted 02-11-2019 03:38 PM
    Hello Everyone,

Good Afternoon!

My name is Ankur and I'm an MBA student at the University of Saskatchewan, Canada.

I'm doing a project that is based on a business venture that helps Museums create, own and monetize their own Virtual Reality tours. This exciting opportunity can help the Museums increase the number of people who visit them as well as increase their total overall business revenue.

For this purpose, I have designed a survey that would effectively look to measure the different demographic and consumer lifestyle choices that Museum visitors specifically make when deciding whether to visit a Museum.

I would be truly grateful if you could help me in this endeavor by taking the below mentioned survey. The survey is completely anonymous and should not take more than 2-3 minutes of your time.

Survey Link - https://www.surveymonkey.ca/r/B2ZLZL6

I thank you for your support and cooperation. Wishing everyone a pleasant day ahead.

Warm Regards
    Ankur Pramod
    MBA Candidate
    University of Saskatchewan

------------------------------
    Ankur Pramod
    Student
    University of Saskatchewan Library Serials/Acquisitions Dept.
    Saskatoon SK
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Understanding Museum Visitors

Posted 02-12-2019 08:17 AM
    Hi Ankur,

I'm not sure if you've seen the site "Know Your Bone", but I've included the link. I have found some really good data on museums and visitation. I hope this is helpful.

https://www.colleendilen.com/
    Regards,

Bonnie Lawrence-Smith​

Bonnie Lawrence-Smith
    Draper Natural History Museum
    Curatorial Assistant
    Center of the West
    Cody Wyoming

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Understanding Museum Visitors

Posted 02-13-2019 09:06 AM
    Hello Ankur,

This is a great project to work on for opening up access to museums, galleries, and other tourist destinations! If you create a second iteration of the survey, I urge you to consider people for whom the environment of the original site is inaccessible due to disability. The VR described in the survey would be huge for people with chronic fatigue, pain, or many other conditions that make spending extended time out and about difficult.

Cheers!

Gabrielle Graham
    Community Partnerships & Adult Programs Manager
    Buffalo, New York

• 4.  RE: Understanding Museum Visitors

Posted 02-13-2019 12:17 PM
    Dear Gabrielle,

Good Morning! Thank you for the positive comments.

I really appreciate your feedback about considering people for whom the environment of the original site is inaccessible due to disability.

I myself have been thinking about the same since the inception of this idea. It's something that is already in my mind due to certain emotional reasons. My grandmother is a huge Museum fanatic, but due to her age cannot venture out anymore. She seemed pretty excited about this idea. Especially when I told her that she might just get to see the Louvre now too :)

Thank you once again for your input. I'll make sure to include something similar to that in the second iteration.

Warm Regards

Ankur Pramod
    MBA Student
    University of Saskatchewan
    Saskatoon SK