Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Insurance for Collection in Storage Unit

Posted 12-08-2016 03:26 PM

The International Society of Antique Scale Collectors (ISASC.org) has a collection of scales, mostly from members, that is currently in a rented warehouse facility.  We are reviewing our insurance needs and are looking to get a few quotes.

Any recommendations?

Specifics:

• Amount: a few hundred thousand dollars
    • Warehouse area is gated and security-monitored
    • Our unit has security and video monitoring 24/7
    • Items at this time are not on public display, and they are not loaned out

------------------------------
    Greg Moss
    Waterford MI
    International Society of Antique Scale Collectors
    www.ISASC.org
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Insurance for Collection in Storage Unit

Posted 12-12-2016 12:34 PM

My agent might be able to help you out.  His name is Tom Sorrels, and his agency is located in Tyler, Texas.   I mention him, as one of the insurance companies he represents insures his sleigh.  Tom works as Santa Claus during the Christmas season.  So, if they're willing to insure his sleigh, I'm pretty sure they're willing to work with you in insuring your scales.

Here's his contact information.  I'd suggest contacting his agency after Christmas, as Tom is a bit busy now.

Tom Sorrels

903-526-2626 or 903-597-6699

tsorrels@insuremyauto.com

I use them to insure two vintage vehicles plus other items that are used in History Fanatics' mobile museum.

Robert Ratliff
    Director, History Fanatics
    Houston TX

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more