Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Panels for AAM 2019

Posted 07-03-2018 04:22 PM

Hello all,

I'm wondering if there's a place for like-minded folk to gather ideas for panels for next year's conference? 

For example, I'm also a member of SAA (Society of American Archivists) and they created a Google Doc where ideas for sessions get posted and anyone interested can put their contact information alongside the entry and they can coordinate that way.

If I recall, the call for sessions closes pretty quick for AAM, and I'd like to brainstorm with others to present in NOLA.

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Marc Levitt MLS
    Archivist/Exhibits Committee
    National Naval Aviation Museum
    NAS Pensacola FL
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Panels for AAM 2019

Posted 07-04-2018 11:11 AM
    A shared Google Doc is such a great idea. In general we could use more platforms to bounce session proposal ideas around and connect with colleagues who have similar interests.

Michelle Moon
    Chief of Programs
    Lower East Side Tenement Museum
    New York, NY

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Panels for AAM 2019

Posted 07-04-2018 08:50 PM
    Depending on the topic you might try using the social media outlets (listservs, Facebook pages) of one or more of the Professional Networks (contact info is on the AAM website).    More general ideas can be shared here on the Museum Junction Open Forum.    In the past it was possible to look at (and comment on) the session proposals as they were being created on AAM's "portal", but for some reason they decided not to do that any more.    It removed the last opportunity for any kind of collaboration or review before the proposals were finalized and went to the National Program Committee in October.

Janice Klein
    Executive Director
    Museum Association of Arizona
    Tempe AZ

• 4.  RE: Panels for AAM 2019

Posted 07-24-2018 04:28 PM

Borrowing a format from SAA, would this Google spreadsheet be worthwhile to share?

Proposal Ideas AAM 2019

Marc Levitt MLS
    Archivist
    National Naval Aviation Museum
    NAS Pensacola FL