Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Spanish-led & Bilingual Family Programs

Posted 11-02-2017 04:52 PM

Hi everyone,

My name is Pamela Maldonado and I am in the University of Washington Museology Graduate Program in Seattle. I am compiling a list of art museum family programs that are led in Spanish or Spanish/English. Does your museum provide this type of program or do you know of any?

Please feel free to reply to me via email at pamelamv@uw.edu.

Thank you!

Pamela

Pamela Maldonado

pamelamv@uw.edu

Museology Graduate Program

University of Washington, 2018

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Spanish-led & Bilingual Family Programs

Posted 11-07-2017 12:51 PM
    you should contact Elena Baca at the National Hispanic Cultural Center in Albuquerque New Mexico as she does this regularly.

------------------------------
    Kenneth Fenner
    DOCENT
    Albuquerque NM

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Spanish-led & Bilingual Family Programs

Posted 11-08-2017 09:27 AM
    hello,
    the Dixon Gallery and gardens in Memphis provides family events, tours and camps for Spanish speaking or bilingual families. I am the director of education, I am happy to tell you more! msandino@dixon.org
    Also Patricia Lannes director of CALTA 21 and organization that works specifically with languages in art museums might be able to help as well. 
    lannespatricia@gmail.com
    I beleive the Denver art museum has also  very strong bilingual and spanish programs.

Good luck!

Margarita Sandino

Margarita Sandino
    Director of Education
    Dixon Gallery and Gardens
    Memphis TN

• 4.  RE: Spanish-led & Bilingual Family Programs

Posted 11-08-2017 10:39 AM
    We have been doing this for decades at the National Museum of Mexican Art in Chicago.

Our new Director of Education is Liliana Vazquez.

Rebecca Meyers
    Permanent Collection Curator
    National Museum of Mexican Art
    Chicago IL