Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  small museum exhibit proposals

Posted 07-10-2019 01:39 PM
    Dear Colleagues,

I am a curator at a small museum who is looking for templates for exhibit proposals and planning. We are a military museum. These proposals are specifically going to be used for a rotating exhibit space, so reasonably small and simple would be wonderful!

Thank you for anything you are willing to share. My email is in my signature below:

Cheers,

Mariel Watt
    mwatt@390th.org

------------------------------
    Mariel Watt
    390th Memorial Museum
    Curator
    Tucson, AZ
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: small museum exhibit proposals

Posted 07-11-2019 10:39 AM
    Hi Mariel,

We have a RFP template on our website's resource page. 

https://www.taylorstudios.com/resources-and-downloads/

I am happy to share examples of RFPs if you are looking for those as a reference for your project as well. Let me know if I can answer any questions!

Sincerely,

Danielle Rice

Account Executive
    Taylor Studios, Inc. 
    drice@taylorstudios.com

Betty Brennan
    President
    Taylor Studios, Inc.
    Rantoul IL

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: small museum exhibit proposals

Posted 07-11-2019 01:00 PM
    Thank you for the resource

Requel Lopes
    Executive Director
    World AIDS Museum and Educational Center
    Fort Lauderdale FL

• 4.  RE: small museum exhibit proposals

Posted 07-12-2019 04:46 PM
    Mariel

Go to the National Association for Museum Exhibition (NAME)and find the journal Exhibition online. Click on covers to see lists of articles, some (most?) of which you can download. Some covers show the main content to help you find what you are looking for (ie., here is an RFP issue from 2007). You can order print versions of some past issues.

Mark Driscoll
    Designer
    Montgomery AL

• 5.  RE: small museum exhibit proposals

Posted 07-13-2019 12:25 AM
    Very informative

• 6.  RE: small museum exhibit proposals

Posted 07-16-2019 08:07 PM
    Mark and Mariel,

Thanks for mentioning the journal Exhibition and how to research various past issues (e.g. the RFP issue).  The current issue of Exhibition, called "Exhibition Making: The Behind-the-Scenes Process," also looks at ways to proceed that look beyond the typical RFP. There are several articles Mariel might find useful - take a look at "To RFP or Not to RFP, That is the Question" and "Design-Thinking Approaches to Exhibition Development: Investigating New Ways of Working." 

Happy reading!
    Barbara Punt

Barbara Punt
    President
    Punt Consulting Group
    Redondo Beach CA
    javascript:AddSignatureVariable('barbara@puntconsulting.com');