Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Employee Handbooks

Posted 11-28-2018 01:50 PM
    Hi all,
    Earlier this month I took over as ED of a mid-sized museum, and one of the things I need to look at is our employee handbook/policies. I am hoping some of you would be willing to share a copy of your handbook with me. We are a museum with roughly 14 FT and PT staff.  If you are willing to share you handbook, please email it to me at ksturgeon@wvmcc.org.

Thank you!
    Keni

------------------------------
    Keni Sturgeon
    Executive Director
    Wenatchee Valley Museum & Cultural Center
    Wenatchee WA
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Employee Handbooks

Posted 11-30-2018 11:40 AM
    You might want to get in touch with Rebecca Avitia, Director of the National Hispanic Cultural Center (NHCC) in Albuquerque.  She has been instrumental in the development of a variety of materials in the areas you are interested in and would be an excellent source of information.

Kenneth Fenner JD
    DOCENT
    Albuquerque NM

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Employee Handbooks

Posted 12-13-2018 05:13 PM
    Hi Keni,

I am a Masters student in the University of Washington Museology program. My thesis topic is Human Resource Management in small-staff museums. Since we're in the same state, I'd love to talk more with you as you go through this process of crafting an HR policy for your org.

Katelyn Johnson
    Museology Graduate Program - University of Washington
    Seattle WA