Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Ticketing software

Posted 11-21-2019 04:49 PM
    What ticketing software package have you found most helpful?  We're looking for something that can:
    • Incorporate a wide variety of types of tickets (online and on-sight) as well as upcharges for programs and activities
    • Be useful for reservations for birthday parties
    • Keep track of membership sales
    • Track product sales and inventory
    • Can download data into Excel

Thanks in advance for your help!

Barbara Punt
    Punt Consulting Group
    409 North PCH, Suite 326
    Redondo Beach, CA 90277
    (310) 937-3366
    barbara@puntconsulting.com

When in Doubt...Punt!

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Ticketing software

Posted 11-22-2019 09:34 AM
    We have Blackbaud's Altru and use it for all the things you listed. I am not familiar with it's inventory process but I know it has one. It has it's down-sides (specifically the web sales require an extra step where you copy a URL from the system and embed it on your site as needed instead of just auto loading to a calendar or something) - but the reporting is good and I've had few issues from a front-of-house sales standpoint. 

We also had SRO-4 a few years ago and it did all those things (maybe not product/inventory - I forget) but our development department didn't like how it integrated with our CRM (Razor's Edge at the time) so we switched. It has a really nice online sales component but didn't do things like camp registrations as well as Altru does. 

So, lesson is, nothing is perfect.

------------------------------
    Amanda Kepner
    Senior Manager for Institutional Processes
    Columbus Museum of Art
    Columbus OH

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Ticketing software

Posted 11-22-2019 03:35 PM
    Hi Barbara,

Currently dissatisfied with Gateway Ticketing (exports to .txt) and researching ticketing applications such as Argos, Altru, Arba, LightSpeed, BestPOS, Clover, Korona, Rocket Rez, FareHarbor, Springboard, NCR, Proficio, Reven, ShopKeep and GiftLogic .... to name a few!

I would be pleased to compare notes with you.  Ultimately we want WooCommerce integrated in our WordPress website so we have 100% control and flexibility with affiliate and consumer ticketing POS.

Cheers!

Jed Reitler
    Sales Director
    Boston's Dreamland Wax Museum
    Boston MA

• 4.  RE: Ticketing software

Posted 11-22-2019 06:24 PM
    We use Versai Management Software.  I contracted with them just before our grand opening.  They came and assisted during the opening and have been very helpful with any issues.  The Versai system will provide everything that you listed.   You may email or call me for more information.  --Ida

Ida Tomlin
    Director of Operations
    Mississippi Arts and Entertainment Experience
    Meridian MS
    ida@msarts.org
    (601) 581-1550 x15

• 5.  RE: Ticketing software

Posted 05-15-2023 01:27 PM

This is pretty much what I'm starting to go through.  Right now we have two ways to sell tickets - through QuickBooks Point of Sale for the in-person sales, and a purpose-built ticketing website for the online sales.  Then at the end of each month, I've got to manually combine the reports.  It stinks.

QBPOS has announced they are 100% going away at the beginning of October and are encouraging everyone to move to Shopify as a replacement software.  Before I do that, I want to see if there's something easier to use.  I'd love to find something that can combine in-person and online sales, but here's the kicker - we have a simulator that we well 4 sim slots per day.  Nothing I've found so far can set this up as an auto-recurring event with a quantity of 1.  Everything so far wants me to create 1200+ individual events per year, each with their own item number.  That's not going to work...

Good luck on your search.  If I find something amazing, I'll post back.

Tiffany Meng
    Director - Operations
    Delta Flight Museum
    Atlanta GA