Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Military Museum

Posted 12-13-2016 10:14 AM

I represent the flagship naval museum at the Washington Navy Yard. There are a few challenges getting visitors onto the base to experience the museum, particuarly because there is a vetting process for non-DoD card holders. I believe we're doing the best we can under the circumstances. However, I'm reaching out to the community to see if there are suggestions on free newsletters/outlets in the area that we should be aware that is open to including museum info (i.e. new exhibits, educational programs, etc) that we should be aware of. Any suggestions on bloggers? I'm new to the government world, so I'm open to any and all suggestions. Thank you in advance for your consideration.

------------------------------
    Moneé Cottman
    National Museum of the United States Navy
    Washington DC
    monee.cottman@navy.mil
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Military Museum

Posted 12-13-2016 03:24 PM

Hi!

While I am not sure about your area, you may try reaching out to other military base museums to see what they do to bring in people. I live in Clarksville, TN home to Fort Campbell. Ft. Campbell has a museum, the Don F. Pratt Museum that is located on base. It might be worth reaching out to them!

Kali Mason

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more