Open Forum

View Only

Request for "Museum Hack" Feedback - M.A. Thesis Research

• 1.  Request for "Museum Hack" Feedback - M.A. Thesis Research

Posted 09-30-2019 09:55 AM
    Hello all,

I am a graduate student in the M.A. Museum Studies program at the University of Kansas.  For my final project, I am writing a critical assessment of Museum Hack and the potential value (or lack of value) of "hack-style" tours for audience engagement and program development, especially in terms of attracting younger audiences and within museums that address difficult knowledge and histories.  If anyone has collaborated with Museum Hack to develop a tour, attended or hosted one of their engagement workshops, or independently developed a program in the "renegade/anti-tour" style, I am very interested to hear about your experience.  What was the process like?  What were your goals and what factors did you consider?  Has your program been successful?  General opinions about Museum Hack and their ideology are welcome as well, and I am especially interested to hear from anyone with criticisms or negative experiences.  All input will be kept confidential (I will not quote anyone by name or institutional affiliation in my paper), so please feel comfortable to be as honest in your feedback as you would like.  I can be reached at m.raynoha@gmail.com or you may leave your contact information and I will get in touch with you.

Thank you so much!
    Melissa Raynoha

------------------------------
    Melissa Raynoha
    Graduate Student, M.A. Museum Studies
    University of Kansas
    ------------------------------
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more