Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Re-entry for Staff after COVID-19

Posted 07-17-2020 11:46 AM
    I am hoping to compile a list of parameters institutions are establishing to make sure workspaces are safe for staff to return to during the pandemic. Currently, my institution is relying on the "honor system" so employees take their temperature and evaluate their own symptoms before commuting to work everyday but this does not seem reliable to me (especially as many employees have lost time off due to budget cuts at the institution). So I'm curious,  has your institution established a different policy? For instance, do they use a third party tele-medicine app to go through a symptom questionnaire? Does the institution do a temperature check on arrival? Do you have to answer a questionnaire every morning about your symptoms before attending work every day? What other policies has your institution enacted?

------------------------------
    Caitlin Richeson
    Conservator
    Ridgewood NY
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Re-entry for Staff after COVID-19

Posted 07-20-2020 12:22 PM
    Hi,

My institution has implemented an honors system temperature-taking and questionnaire upon arrival at work. We're still mostly working from home, but certain staff members go in one or more days per week. Upon arrival we have to take our temperature and answer a questionnaire about if we've had a fever, cough, sore throat, etc., been around anyone sick, been around anyone with a known COVID diagnosis, etc. during the past 14 days. If we have a fever or answer yes to any of the questions, we have take a photo of the form and send it to our HR person and then go home immediately. An envelope with all the forms is sent to the HR department every week for their records. I think it works because most people naturally want to do the right thing and not make their coworkers sick. For example, I had a sore throat for a few days, and knowing I'd have to fill out that form (and be around my co-workers), I stayed away from the office for two weeks.

Jennifer Day
    Head Registrar
    Indian Arts Research Center at the School for Advanced Research
    Santa Fe NM

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Re-entry for Staff after COVID-19

Posted 07-21-2020 02:52 PM
    Our institution has implemented an honor system questionnaire. We are mostly working from home. But, when you come into the office or any space on campus (40 acre site) you are supposed to fill out a questionnaire about symptoms. Also, the questionnaire will help with contact tracing in different building and spaces should the need arise. We use surveymonkey to help keep track of answers.

Ashley Mann
    Education Manager
    Minnetrista
    Muncie IN

• 4.  RE: Re-entry for Staff after COVID-19

Posted 07-22-2020 08:23 AM
    Hi there, COSI is using an automated, wall-mounted temperature scanner located in our building's team entryway. It logs temperatures anonymously but alerts the appropriate individuals if it detects fever.  
    Best,
    Doug

Doug Buchanan, M.A.
    Vice President of Membership, Brand, and Guest Relations
    Pronouns: He/His
    Center of Science and Industry (COSI)
    333 West Broad Street, Columbus, Ohio 43215 USA
    Email: dbuchanan@cosi.org
    614.629.3130 Office | 614.307.8326 Mobile
    www.cosi.org
    COSI - The #1 Science Museum in the Nation - USA Today.

• 5.  RE: Re-entry for Staff after COVID-19

Posted 07-23-2020 08:46 AM
    Might you mind sharing a photo? How do you alert individuals then - how does it track those who are asymptomatic? Thx

Joyce Lee
    President
    Philadelphia PA

• 6.  RE: Re-entry for Staff after COVID-19

Posted 07-24-2020 08:36 AM

COSI has purchased the following for use with Team entering the building:

Stay healthy, all.
    Doug
    Wall-mounted unit for Team entry

Doug Buchanan, M.A.
    Vice President of Membership, Brand, and Guest Relations
    Pronouns: He/His
    Center of Science and Industry (COSI)
    333 West Broad Street, Columbus, Ohio 43215 USA
    Email: dbuchanan@cosi.org
    614.629.3130 Office | 614.307.8326 Mobile
    www.cosi.org
    COSI - The #1 Science Museum in the Nation - USA Today.

• 7.  RE: Re-entry for Staff after COVID-19

Posted 07-24-2020 09:23 AM
    Caitlin,
    We are using the Tauri Temperature Check Tablets by Aurora. We have them at a few checkpoints that are staffed by our security. All employees, contractors and visitors must go through one of these checkpoints when entering the building.

https://auroramultimedia.com/tauri/

Joel Marquart
    Exhibit Operations Lead Technician
    The Franklin Institute
    Philadelphia PA