Open Forum

View Only

Future Forecasting: The LAM Career Landscape (free webinar)

• 1.  Future Forecasting: The LAM Career Landscape (free webinar)

Posted 08-06-2021 01:52 PM
    Dear Colleagues,

I started off 2021 with a webinar built to help you calculate and stand in your worth and it's a topic I keep coming back to as we navigate a COVID-impacted world. As a consultant I'm privy to experiences and insight that may not otherwise be obvious to traditionally employed colleagues. With that in mind, I've asked Ryan Anthony Donaldson to join me to deliver a webinar on our observations and strategies for navigating the changing Libraries Archives and Museums (LAM) career landscape. To learn more about the webinar, register, and submit questions, please use this link: https://rachaelcristine.mykajabi.com/Future-Forecasting:The-LAM-Career-Landscape-registration-page

The webinar will premiere August 19 at 11am Pacific. Please send your questions in advance so that we can incorporate them into our discussion. You can submit questions on the registration page or email me: consulting@rachaelcristine.com. Auto-captioning will be available and a recording link will be provided to all who registered.

Webinar Abstract: The job market for Library, Archives, and Museum (LAM) collection workers was increasingly brittle prior to the pandemic. The proliferation of unpaid work, precariously funded positions, term positions, and under-paid work paired with crippling student loan debt have caused instability for our profession. In an effort to support our colleagues, this webinar will review the current job landscape, outline how one can compete in this market or pivot to an adjacent one, and offer a forecast of what we may see (and prepare for) next. Join us on August 19 for a webinar that was created to support you and your value in the LAM field.

Thank you,

------------------------------
    Rachael
    Owner & Consultant
    Rachael Cristine Consulting LLC
    (503)922-3402
    consulting@rachaelcristine.com
    ------------------------------
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more