Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Aqueous Ozone cleaner

Posted 07-27-2020 09:29 AM

Hi all,
    I've recently found out that my institution is planning to use an Aqueous Ozone system for sanitizing and cleaning throughout the museum spaces. I just found out at the end of last week so I'm in the cursory search for information, but wanted to reach out to see if anyone else has run across using this in their spaces, or have used something similar in the past. 

Be well, 

Regina

------------------------------
    Regina Gorham
    Collections Manager
    Kalamazoo Valley Museum
    Kalamazoo MI

• 2.  RE: Aqueous Ozone cleaner

Posted 07-28-2020 10:13 AM
    Hi Regina,

I am curious about this cleaner. Ozone is O3, so I am guessing 'Aqueous Ozone' is H2O3 or hydrogen peroxide. Is that correct? If not, what is the brand name?

Best regards,

Dennis Callahan
    Callahan art & Associates
    Chicago IL

• 3.  RE: Aqueous Ozone cleaner

Posted 07-28-2020 06:30 PM

'Aqueous Ozone' was the main information being bandied about but today I finally got a bit more of an answer - yay!

It is produced by Tersano, out of Ontario, Canada, and Stabilized Aqueous Ozone is the trademarked name of it, often referred to solely as SAO. 

Is this something that anyone has heard of//used at all?
    Regina

Regina Gorham
    Collections Manager
    Kalamazoo Valley Museum
    Kalamazoo MI

• 4.  RE: Aqueous Ozone cleaner

Posted 07-29-2020 08:25 AM
    Hi Dennis,

It is not hydrogen peroxide which is H2O2.

Joel Marquart
    Exhibit Operations Lead Technician
    The Franklin Institute
    Philadelphia PA

• 5.  RE: Aqueous Ozone cleaner

Posted 07-29-2020 03:32 PM
    Thank you for the correction Joel.

Dennis Callahan
    Callahan art & Associates
    Chicago IL

• 6.  RE: Aqueous Ozone cleaner

Posted 07-30-2020 09:09 AM
    ​Aqueous ozone is a mixture of water and ozone. Search the aqueous ozone SDS for details.

Thomas Redd
    Analyst
    Colonial Williamsburg Foundation
    Williamsburg VA

• 7.  RE: Aqueous Ozone cleaner

Posted 07-29-2020 10:47 AM
    Aqueous Ozone system is designed to clean surfaces, there is still an issue with the aerosolized contagions in the air. The problem is that many people are looking at a mitigation plan that focuses on contact transfer (surfaces) and general social distancing practices. Some businesses are still looking to solve the  bigger picture which is how the virus spreads through the air. If the air is not addressed, transmissions will continue. In fact, the transmission associated with aerosolization, can become more of an issue as the micron of particle (virus) that enters into the lungs cannot be natural filtered by our body and therefore the virus dwell deep into the air sacs of our lungs, which is associated with a lower respiratory track infection which are more severe than an upper.

We have a system called Halo which reduces the risk of aerosolized transmission and with the ability to add ionizers, we offer a multi-tiered approach through capture, contain and ion dispersion for continuous disinfection of the surfaces and air. However, like with all disinfectants, there is a "kill rate" associated, which is very important to note, as the ions will not provide an instant Decon of the space. Average "kill Rates" are between 15-30 minutes and is why the suspended virus particles must also be addressed.  Please see the attached UTube video showing an example of how the system cleans the air.  https://youtu.be/ijFahHOOLms

Thanks so much and let us know if we can support your museums!

Tim McGowan
    Sales
    Minneapolis MN