Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Docent DEI Work

Posted 11-04-2020 12:40 PM

Hello All,

We're working on building training for our volunteer docents that addresses relevance, access, and diversity. We're looking for other institutions who have done this type of work, or are currently doing this work, regardless of how it turned out. If you, or someone you know, is working with volunteer docents on DEI training, we'd love to hear from you. We have received an IMLS grant and are currently in the research phase. 

Please feel free to reach out to me directly or to post here! I know many people are doing this much-needed work and I'm excited to learn more about what has (and has not) worked for you!

Best wishes,

Brandi
    bshawn@huntington.org
    (626) 405-3429

------------------------------
    Brandi Shawn-Chaparro
    Associate Director, Volunteer Programs
    Huntington Library, Art Museum, & Botanical Gardens
    San Marino CA
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Docent DEI Work

Posted 11-05-2020 09:54 AM
    Hi Brandi, 

We have not done DEI training with our volunteer docents, but this project sounds great! DEAI initiatives are part of our new Strategic Plan as well, and I'd be very interested in hearing about your findings as your project progresses.

Sheridan

Sheridan Small
    Director of Education
    Dumbarton House NSCDA
    Washington DC

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more