Open Forum

View Only

Futurist Sessions for AAM 2020

• 1.  Futurist Sessions for AAM 2020

Posted 08-29-2019 11:36 AM
    Hello all,

In the spirit of the 2020 AAM annual meeting theme ("A Bridge to the Future") CFM will transform one room at San Francisco's Moscone Convention Center into a "time portal" featuring sessions devoted to immersive future content. Each session will take place in some specific future, with presenters speaking from the perspective of someone working in that year and discussing "current" challenges, innovations, and museum practices. With this post, I'm reaching out to invite you to submit a proposal for a session to populate this track.

Here's a post on the CFM Blog explaining the Time Portal sessions and the proposal process. (There is a separate proposal form that you will email directly to CFM.) And here is the recording of a Zoom session in which I talk about the process in more depth. I'll post the slide deck on the CFM Blog next week.  Please let me know if you have any questions--I look forward to working with you to transport AAM2020 attendees to the future! (Actually, several different futures, which is even cooler.)

Yours from the future,

Elizabeth

------------------------------
    Elizabeth Merritt
    VP Strategic Foresight & Founding Director, CFM
    American Alliance of Museums
    Arlington VA
    ------------------------------
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more