Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Recent article published on researching family collections

Posted 04-25-2017 01:58 PM

Dear colleagues,

I am an independent curator in the Philadelphia, PA area. I wrote an article based on how I approached downsizing of a parental home and identified some very fine objects that had remained in the family over hundreds of years. The article appeared in Winter 2016 issue of  Collections: A Journal for Museum Professionals and Archivists. I am giving a talk based on the article at a regional art center next week. I think this subject is an important one as baby boomers help parents go through their inherited objects and to help reconnect the item with ancestors, placing it in context. This particular family's history had objects going back to the earliest rice plantations in South Carolina. It could also be a popular subject for regional history museums. If you would like more information, please contact me: charperartist@hotmail.com

Best,

Cheryl Harper
    M.A., M.F.A

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Recent article published on researching family collections
    Best Answer

Posted 04-26-2017 08:52 AM
    Dear Cheryl,
    Where are you speaking in Philadelphia and what are the dates?
    I know of some people who would be interested in attending.
    Thank you,
    Michell Muldoon

------------------------------
    Michell Muldoon
    Collection Curator
    Devault PA

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Recent article published on researching family collections

Posted 04-27-2017 06:59 AM
    Thank you to those that have asked about my upcoming lecture and workshop. The presentation is open to the public at the Main Line Art Center in Haverford, Pennsylvania. It will take place on Tuesday, May 9, 2017 from 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.

Here is the link for registration to attend.

http://public.mainlineart.org/public/AdultPreview.faces?wrkid=10191
    Mainlineart remove preview
    View this on Mainlineart >

Cheryl Harper
    Independent Curator
    Paoli PA