Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Research Survey–Undergraduate Research Project

Posted 07-06-2021 05:55 PM

Dear Colleagues,

I am currently a mentor for an undergraduate Art History student enrolled in the Ronald E. McNair Scholars program at the University of Central Oklahoma. I am inviting anyone with experience working in arts institutions to help this student with their research project by taking their brief survey.

Please respond by Friday, July 16th. All responses are voluntary, all personal information will be kept confidential, and all responses will be anonymous. 

If you would like to participate in this study, please click this link:

https://uco.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0VxdvbyxRXPLymi

Message from the student researcher: 
     I am researching gender and racial disparity in arts institutions. Attached is a survey that presents minimal to no risk to you. The survey has been designed in Qualtrics and will not request any personal information. The purpose of this survey is to collect data on the participant's perception of the inclusivity of artists who are BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and/or People of Color) women/gender nonconforming and their artwork within arts institutions. For the sake of this study, I am defining 'arts institutions' as museums, galleries, educational institutions, residencies, auction houses, and/or collecting entities. I am defining 'artist' as makers of visual art. The survey should take approximately 5 minutes to complete and includes "yes" or "no" questions, questions rated from 0-10, and a multiple-choice question. Please respond by Friday, July 16th. All responses are voluntary, all personal information will be kept confidential, and all responses will be anonymous. 

If you would like to participate in this study, please click this link:

https://uco.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0VxdvbyxRXPLymi

This research has been approved by UCO IRB, Study # 2021-050

I appreciate your consideration of my request and thank you for your participation in this research!

------------------------------
    Veronica Cianfrano
    Curator
    Melton Gallery - University of Central Oklahoma
    Edmond OK
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Research Survey–Undergraduate Research Project

Posted 07-07-2021 08:34 AM
    Last year, as the lockdown loomed, the NY Hall of Science developed a physical exhibition. We shared the content and design with other institutions at no cost. As museums began closing down, we adapted it to online and shared the IP with colleagues so they could offer it as a virtual option. It's pretty straightforward, but informative and timely. 

I've since left NYSCI, and couldn't find the exhibition any longer online as they have moved on to Happiness. But if you're interested, I can send you a pdf version.

Cheers.

--
    Geralyn

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Research Survey–Undergraduate Research Project

Posted 07-07-2021 09:54 AM
    Thank you for offering this resource, Geralyn. I would love for you to send me the PDF: Vcianfrano@uco.edu

Thanks again.

Veronica Cianfrano
    Curator
    Melton Gallery - University of Central Oklahoma
    Edmond OK