Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Need new Nilfisk?

Posted 01-20-2022 12:18 PM
    Hello,

I'm unfamiliar nilfisk vacuums and I've inherited one that no one at the museum seems to know much about. It is a Nilfisk GM80, Nilfisk GM80 Museum Model HEPA Vacuum | TALAS (talasonline.com), and it seems to date from 2001 (the date on a sticker which says when the filter needs to be changed). A lot of the clips are loose or broken, but it does turn on and work though the suction seems to be a bit weak. I don't know if it's because the setting I had it on or what. Does anyone have any advice?

Luke

------------------------------
    Luke Perez
    Curator of Collections
    College Park Aviation Museum
    College Park MD
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Need new Nilfisk?

Posted 01-21-2022 08:45 AM
    Hi Luke,

your Nilfisk motor should be fine - contact Nilfisk International directly to ask about what needs to be done and for advice on changing the filters. Broken or loose clips are alarming - these must be functional in order to seal the barrel to create appropriate filtration. You may also be experiencing low suction as a result of this seal problem, however, you should check the hose (disconnect and wash it out, and let it dry before you re-use it!) and make sure that the bag inside is not full.

these machines are workhorses, and are very expensive to replace!

Best wishes,
    Lisa (Goldberg)
    Goldberg Preservation Services LLC
    Corning, NY

Lisa Goldberg
    Conservator
    Goldberg Preservation Services LLC
    Corning, NY

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more