Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Live tour apps?

Posted 05-11-2020 05:39 PM

Hello!

Does anyone have experience using a live tour app such as AudioFetch or LiveTours (I couldn't find any previous posts)? The basic idea is the tour guide gives their regular in-person tour to a group who is listening to the tour through the app on their personal phones. This would be instead of using radio guide system such as the Whisper. We had started to look at the app as an option for our Docent-led tours before closing and are still interested, especially now in the age of social distancing and increased disinfecting needs.

If you do have experience using the apps for your tours, I would love to hear how it is! Also, Audiofetch and LiveTours are the only two companies that I've found – does anyone know of others?

Thanks!

Jenn

------------------------------
    Jennifer Michaelree Squire
    Deputy Director of Visitor Programs
    Washington National Cathedral
    Washington DC
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Live tour apps?

Posted 05-12-2020 09:24 AM
    Hi! I've worked with OnCell, and there is also a free one called Clio that looked pretty easy to use.

Jacqueline Maronic
    Learning Experiences Team Leader
    Naper Settlement
    Westmont IL

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Live tour apps?

Posted 05-12-2020 11:58 AM
    Wow Jen, I did not now that this was a possibility, I am actually looking for the same thing. Does it include accessible features such as closed captioning?

Miriam Machado
    CURATOR OF EDUCATION
    Frost Art Museum
    Florida International University

Miami FL

• 4.  RE: Live tour apps?

Posted 05-13-2020 10:54 AM
    Hi Miriam,

I don't know! Their websites don't say anything about closed captioning. That would be a useful feature!
      Jenn

Jennifer Michaelree Squire
    Deputy Director of Visitor Programs
    Washington National Cathedral
    Washington DC

• 5.  RE: Live tour apps?

Posted 05-14-2020 06:01 AM
      |   view attached
    Hi !

I hope all are well, safe and healthy.

Without going in to a sales pitch, Daruma Tech does work with Museums (Museum of Discovery and Science, Vizcaya, etc.) in building inexpensive custom Apps / software and has references, if anyone is interested.

Cheers,

Rick

Richard Griswold
    Director
    Boca Raton FL
    (561) 990-1625

• 6.  RE: Live tour apps?

Posted 05-14-2020 10:27 AM
    Good Morning All! We've used Guide by Cell for audio stops/tours for years. No app, just a phone number to call and stops to choose.

Cheryl Nichols
    Director of Budget and Report
    Washington DC

• 7.  RE: Live tour apps?

Posted 05-27-2020 03:33 PM
    Hey Jennifer, we offer a VR experience for your venue as well as the only digital pay-what-you-can option for those on the tour.  It's called weshowup.io and it could be a great fit.

Kahlil Ashanti
    Founder and CEO
    Vancouver BC