Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Development software for small organization

Posted 11-01-2017 03:59 PM

Hi all:

I'm considering a change from Donor Perfect.  I'd be interested in recommendations from small institutions (with no separate development staff) that are membership organizations.  The software needs to integrate with Quickbooks.

All suggestions welcome!  Thanks

Sue

email signature image

SUSAN GOGANIAN, Director

sgoganian@HistoricBeverly.net

117 Cabot Street  |  Beverly, MA 01915

P 978-922-1186 x204

3 Houses, 5 Centuries, 1000s of Stories

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Development software for small organization

Posted 11-02-2017 07:29 AM
    Susan,
    I have spoken to you before. We can help you. Our platform can do tickets, donations as well as tour guide apps and tablets. You can start with just what you need and expand in future as you need it. Our customers range from small houses like Blithewold mansions to large mansions such as Newport Mansions. Can I contact you next <g class="gr_ gr_946 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Style multiReplace" id="946" data-gr-id="946">week ?</g>

http://www.actiondatasystems.com/
    Actiondatasystems remove preview
    View this on Actiondatasystems >

------------------------------
    Snehal Shah
    Action Data Systems, LLC
    Barrington RI

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Development software for small organization

Posted 11-02-2017 09:48 AM
    Hi, We use a software called Matchmaker that is QB compatible and does so with direct link. We also use an online portal called Q-giv that works with Matchmaker enabled through authorize.net fr payment processing. This system plan handles all our constituency information and integrates our development and financial departments well. I think it also works with QB POS for the store since a lot of membership transaction comes via POS.

James Walther
    Executive Director
    National Museum of Nuclear Science and History
    Albuquerque NM

• 4.  RE: Development software for small organization

Posted 11-03-2017 07:09 AM
    This is an enormous investment that needs to work for your needs.  There are plenty of companies out there that are all to happy to visit you and talk about what their product offers.  It will take some time but you should make contact with a few of them not only to find out what they have to offer but also to learn more about what a good system does. 

The database is meant to do many things.  It is no longer a simple storehouse for membership and contributions.  It should contain or link to information on collections donors.    it should be able to provide you reports in several forms.  Your top 20 members.  if there are no contributors, you want to keep in mind that at sometime their may be people who value your organization enough to make a gift.  People who attend events, purchase auction items, and provide other support, should all be in the database and accessible.  Plan for not only today's needs but tomorrows.

Its the job of the companies to articulate what kinds of forms the software can deliver and how they might be used.  In this way, talking to others can be a great education and help you bring up new questions.  You can also ask each company to provide references with similar and slightly larger organizations and call them to learn how it works on the ground.   seek a database that can shoot out reports that give you the information you need to cultivate long term members, donors who give consecutively, and track your membership needs.  As the director (and chief development officer) you will need a system that works for you long term.

Anita Nowery Durel
    Partner Durel Consulting Partners, Baltimore MD
    anitadurel@gmail.com

• 5.  RE: Development software for small organization

Posted 11-03-2017 08:24 AM
    ​Hi Susan

I have a friend who has developed a cloud based donor management software with a minimal monthly fee. It might be worth looking at. See below.

Eleo is an easy to use donor database (CRM) with all the features, integrations and reporting tools you need to build strong relationships with your donors, send effective communications, and analyze the return on your fundraising efforts. Eleo comes complete with event, volunteer, membership and grant management.  Our live support, email support and built-in library sets Eleo apart from other systems, giving support when it's needed.   Eleo is affordable (Starting at $39 monthly subscription) and secure. A powerful solution for your donor management and fundraising.  WWW.ELEOONLINE.COM    

Tracy Lawler
    President
    JGL Food Service Consultants
    Princeton NJ

• 6.  RE: Development software for small organization

Posted 11-03-2017 10:34 AM
    Hi all:

Just to be clear, I'm looking for recommendations from museums about software they are using that might fit my needs.  Thanks, Sue

Susan Goganian
    Director
    Historic Beverly
    Beverly MA