Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Accessibility Professionals Network

Posted 05-08-2017 05:19 PM

In the theme of this year's AAM conference, that I am having an amazing time at, we need an Accessibility Professional Network. I have spoken/emailed to people before and was told that that falls into EdCom. While I love that the focus on accessibility in AAM is on intellectual accessibility (education programs) and not of physical accessibility  (hey we have a ramp) we need to realize that accessibility within a museum is not just programs. Accessibility in museums reached marketing/communications/digital initiatives to make sure our print and digital information is accessibility; human resources for all staff trainings and hiring of qualified people with disabilities into mainstream museum positions; facilities to continue to make our physical buildings accessible; exhibits to construct exhibits with access in mind and our executive team to make strategic plans that always have accessibility weaved in! How can we make this happen?

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Accessibility Professionals Network

Posted 05-12-2017 01:31 PM
    Hello Nicole,
    Thank you for starting this thread.  I would be interested in any information that is shared.  Our company strives to help provide museums with solutions that are accessible for all visitors, staff and volunteers.  Being that our company sells stanchions, as well as a variety of other display and protection solutions, I'm regularly informing people regarding the specifics for stanchion ADA compliance.  If anyone has any questions regarding ADA compliancy in the regards to stanchions and barriers, I'd be happy to discuss some of our solutions.
    Thanks so much and looking forward to any accessibility discussions.
    Sincerely,
    Eloise

------------------------------
    Eloise Wierzbicki
    Customer Service and Sales Representative
    Art Display Essentials
    eloisew@artdisplay.com
    www.artdisplay.com
    www.10-31.com
    www.easelsbyamron.com
    2 West Crisman Road
    Columbia, NJ 07832
    USA
    ------------------------------

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more