Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Visitor Tracking Software

Posted 11-15-2021 12:52 PM

Colleagues,

We are looking for a cost-effective system to track visitors to our historic site. The site is comprised of about 27 acres of "historic park" with a museum, chapel and giftshop in one building and a small historic shrine in another building. The site includes walking paths, a cemetery, a bridge, and a rosary garden. 

We are trying to solve two problems in a cost-effective way:

1. How many people visit the historic site each year?
    2. 2: Transitioning a paper "guest book" into an electronic one so that we might leverage the contacts for fundraising purposes, etc.

Unfortunately, many of the products that are out there are VERY pricey, and it would be helpful to hear back from colleagues as to effectiveness and ease of product use. As I mentioned, we are looking for a cost effective way to solve this problem, because we are short on funding and staff. 

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.  Please e-mail me directly: klockard@dosafl.com

Katy Lockard, CA

Director, Archives & Records Management

Catholic Diocese of St. Augustine

11625 Old St. Augustine Road

Jacksonville, FL 32258

904-262-3200 x 120

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Visitor Tracking Software

Posted 11-16-2021 10:35 AM

We are planning to transition from a paper guest book to an tablet-based visitor sign in. We're going to use Google Forms for collecting the information. The data that's entered by the visitor goes into a spreadsheet which makes it easy for us to upload to an email list or analyze it further. It eliminates any backend data entry by us. And, the price is right (FREE)!

Here's a link to a basic article and video: https://digitalegghead.com/index.php/2017/10/04/digital-sign-sheets-google-forms/

Mike

Michael Connolly

Executive Director
    New Castle Historical Society
    302.322.8923 (fax)
    www.newcastlehistory.org

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Visitor Tracking Software

Posted 01-02-2022 04:20 PM
    I agree with Michael! We use a Qualtrics survey for our visitor log, but I think that a google form would work equally as well!

------------------------------
    Hunter Klingensmith
    Visitor Experience coordinator
    Swaner Preserve and EcoCenter
    Park City UT
    ------------------------------