Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  AAM Constitution & Bylaws Not Available to Members

Posted 06-19-2018 08:00 AM
    Dear Colleagues:

I am "nonplussed"-in the main OED sense of "1.So surprised and confused that one is unsure how to react," NOT in the North American informal sense of "Not disconcerted; unperturbed."

In fact, I am indeed seriously disconcerted & righteously perturbed by the AAM's failure to respond to my several requests to AAM staff members for access to AAM Constitution, Bylaws, & proper procedures for presenting resolutions at member meetings-this spanning an 11-week period spent making my way up the AAM organisational chart in a vain attempt to deal with unresponsiveness to a simple request for the AAM nonprofit corporation governance documents.

Sadly, AAM inexplicably refuses to meet its own Standards for museums requiring that such institutional governance documents be publicly available.

See
    details in my blog post at Solving Task Saturation for Museum Workers
    Solving Task Saturation for Museum Workers remove preview
    Solving Task Saturation for Museum Workers
    Ok, time's up! In the immortal words of comic strip character Popeye, "Enough is enough, & enough is too much!" For background, please consult the previous 20 April, 26 March, & 18 January 2018 posts on this blog. As of the date of today's post, the AAM has failed to supply your blogger, Paul C.
    View this on Solving Task Saturation for Museum Workers >

I call on AAM members to lobby the AAM Board members so that, from this point onward we can "fail forward!" 

See https://www.huffingtonpost.com/tanuja-ramchal/7-lessons-in-failing-forward-from-a-google-employee_b_9602924.html  or any of the other 154 million Google hits for this management concept.

Respectfully yours

Paul C. Thistle

------------------------------
    Paul C. Thistle
    Director/Curator (retired)
    Stratford ON
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: AAM Constitution & Bylaws Not Available to Members

Posted 06-19-2018 12:39 PM
    Hi Paul, I'm sorry that you haven't found our responses to your inquiry satisfactory. Our Constitution and Bylaws are available for all members to access on the AAM website at https://www.aam-us.org/programs/about-aam/.

Brooke Leonard
    Chief of Staff
    American Alliance of Museums
    Arlington VA

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more