Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  In-case Lighting for a Traveling Exhibition

Posted 07-10-2018 03:15 PM

Hello all,

We are investigating the use of LumiSheet LED light panels in cases for a traveling exhibition.  Has anyone had experience with LumiSheet, particularly in traveling exhibition caseworks?  I would appreciate hearing your experience, good or bad. 

Also, please share recommendations for in-case lighting that has successfully worked for either a permanent or traveling exhibit, LED or otherwise.

Thank you!

------------------------------
    Michelle Torres-Carmona
    Dir, Scheduling & Exhibitor Relations
    Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service-SITES
    Washington DC
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: In-case Lighting for a Traveling Exhibition

Posted 07-11-2018 02:14 PM
    Hi! I've used Lumisheet in a few different exhibits. I quite liked it, but I did find that you still need an additional diffusing acrylic layer in a high end case, because the grooves were visible. We also wanted our on a dimmer system and that took a lot of work with an electrician (as it was wired into the building systems). It is nice because of how cool it stays compared to other traditional LED light box applications. 

I honestly still really like using an angled channel with pop/snap-in top, as that allows for changing the strips out when necessary. It can really take a beating, too. 

Megan Stewart
    Project Manager
    San Francisco, CA

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: In-case Lighting for a Traveling Exhibition

Posted 07-25-2018 12:23 PM
     Luxam carries a product that we believe is better applied to the museum world. It is made by Lumisheet and is called Auragami. 

Benjamen Salata
    Project Manager
    Luxam Inc.
    Coral Springs FL