Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  partnership with local high school

Posted 08-11-2021 11:33 AM
    We are the West Sacramento Historical Society. Other than managing archival/artifacts relating to the history of East Yolo, we also operate a small history gallery/museum. This gallery has both permanent and temporary displays. Our goal is to work with the local high school to attract students with poor grades in history or are looking for a community service project.
    Has anyone ever proposed such a plan? If so, what was your template and was it successful?

You can reply to WSHistoricalS@gmail.com or directly to this Forum.

Really appreciate your thoughts,

Thom Lewis,
    Collections and History Gallery Chair
    West Sacramento Historical Society
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: partnership with local high school

Posted 08-26-2021 12:23 PM
    My institution is a pioneer village with an indoor museum that has permanent and rotating exhibits. We would also like to work with local high schools but are not having much luck. Last fall I create an art contest geared toward high school students where I contacted the art teachers at each school and mailed packets for each school, but no one responded. I feel like if we did have this type of connection that things like the art contest and volunteering would do well. 

Similar to Thom, if you have any guidance or process of how you work with local schools, please respond to this forum or email me at kanderson@bonanzaville.com

Thank you!

Kaitlynn Anderson
    Graduate Intern Curator
    Volunteer Coordinator
    Bonanzaville USA-Cass County Historical Society

------------------------------
    Kaitlynn Anderson
    Interning Curator
    Cass County Historical Society-Bonanzaville
    West Fargo ND
    ------------------------------

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more