Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Ticet and Membership Software

Posted 04-18-2022 02:21 PM
    Hi, can anyone recommended ticketing/membership.events software that works well, or conversely, if you've used a consultant, their name and contact info?

We use Blackbaud's Raisers Edge and Financial Edge for Advancement and Finance. We use Centaman for ticketing, memberships, events, online store, etc. We are finding the various systems do not work well together, and particular we seem to be having issues within Centaman.

I'm new to the museum world - spent most of my career in independent schools- so looking for some feedback on what other institutions using that works.  Thanks! Maggie

------------------------------
    Maggie Dolan
    Vice President of Finance
    Mystic Seaport Museum
    Mystic, CT
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Ticet and Membership Software

Posted 04-20-2022 09:34 AM
    HI Maggie,

At my last position we had a similar set up of Raiser's Edge, Patron's edge, and Financial Edge. We used Counterpoint for retail sales. We ended up moving to Altru because it was a Blackbaud product, cloud based, and worked with the other Blackbaud products. It has its plusses and minuses for sure, but one thing I will credit it for is excellent reporting capabilities in my experience. 

Altru is meant to be all inclusive up to ticketing and retail, in addition to membership management, event scheduling, etc. I would not recommend it's marketing platform, we ended up going back to Mail Chimp. Also, the software is highly non-intuitive, so I would definitely recommend using their training videos online in addition to having a consultant train you. 

Best of luck!

Andrew Schlauch

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Ticet and Membership Software

Posted 04-21-2022 03:13 PM
    Edited by Steven Beasley 04-21-2022 03:14 PM

Hi Maggie,

Raiser's Edge is a tough one to integrate with other systems for sure. At the Museum of Science and Industry, in partnership with the CFO, I led our move to Ticketure to manage all of our ticket, membership, and event sales. Ticketure + Salesforce was absolutely transformational for the org from both a guest and data perspective.

After 14+ years leading digital at MSI, I've recently left to start a small consultancy focusing on this exact kind of work. Would be happy to talk!

Here's a case study of the move to Ticketure:
    https://fieldtheoryco.com/work/msi-ticketing/

And how Salesforce brought it all together:
    https://fieldtheoryco.com/work/msi-crm/

Best,
    -Steven

Steven Beasley
    Principal @ Field Theory
    steven@fieldtheoryco.com
    https://fieldtheoryco.com

• 4.  RE: Ticet and Membership Software

Posted 04-25-2022 12:51 PM

Hi Maggie,

We've implemented several ticketing systems and membership systems using Tessitura, which integrates well with both WordPress and Drupal. In at least one of these cases, the project involved migrating from Blackbaud. The organizations we've worked with have been happy with the software. I think the biggest challenge for many is deciding on the configuration of the business rules for Tessitura.

I hope that helps.

Chris Steins
    Urban Insight

Recent articles
    Transforming the Cultural Art Experience
    Content Management Systems used by the Largest US Museums

Chris Steins
    Urban Insight