Open Forum

View Only

Contact Tracking or CRM Software Tips?

• 1.  Contact Tracking or CRM Software Tips?

Posted 02-04-2020 12:42 PM
    Hi there! At my institution we're trying to figure out a better way to manage communications with education contacts, specifically teachers, beyond emails and excel spreadsheets of contacts. In the past we've had issues with long term employees retiring and their institutional knowledge and contacts leaving, making it hard to maintain consistent contacts and records.

We have a patchwork of different programs utilized (Quickbooks, Office Suite, Mailchimp, etc) rather than a big all in one like Altru. I've gotten it into my head that something like a database software for contacts must exist, almost like a collections database for contacts. It doesn't need to really have outreach or financial capabilities, and a lot of the CRM software I'm finding is both pricey and 90% of it's features I'd never use. 

How do y'all keep track of non-donor contacts, especially education ones, in a manner that is shareable and searchable by teams?

Thanks so much for any advice you can provide!

------------------------------
    Drew Whatley
    Museum Educator
    Whatcom Museum
    Bellingham WA
    ------------------------------
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more