Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Session proposal: museums and health care or well being?

Posted 09-17-2019 03:27 PM

Hello everyone,

Are you working on anything in this realm? Would you like to put a session proposal together with me?

I'm working on a project bringing <g class="gr_ gr_513 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="513" data-gr-id="513">museum type</g> experiences directly into residential health contexts and am I'm looking for co-presenters. For <g class="gr_ gr_2185 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" id="2185" data-gr-id="2185">example</g> have you...

- Made a health-related exhibit inside your museum recently and worked with external health care partners
    - Worked on any form of collaboration with an individual or entity in the space of health care and well-being
    - Completed or in the process of research in the space of informal education related to this topic?

Please post here and/or reach out to me directly at: maria@mortati.com

I'm happy to do <g class="gr_ gr_2844 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins replaceWithoutSep" id="2844" data-gr-id="2844">heavy</g> lifting on the proposal for the deadline!

Best,

Maria

------------------------------
    Maria Mortati Experience Design
    San Francisco, CA
    maria@mortati.com
    (415) 235-8994
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Session proposal: museums and health care or well being?

Posted 09-18-2019 06:13 PM
    Hi Maria!

I am working at a small museum in Southern California. While I am not directly working on health and well-being, we are actively working on youth education programs that are meant to increase self-esteem, community connections, and quality of life. I have two programs in mind, one where we work with a school district with a high indengenous student population where we provide cultural education, and one where we work with our local probation department to provide education and an outlet for court ordered community service (which then grew into us teaching at the Juvenile Hall every Friday. Would you be intrested in one or both?

Marcie Landeros
    Education Coordinator
    Imperial Valley Desert Museum
    Ocotillo CA

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more