Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Insurance for New Interpretation Business

Posted 02-24-2022 10:18 AM
    Hello,

I'm launching a new interpretation business (storythree.com) and am trying to find insurance for general liability and E&O coverage. Markel was recommended to me, but they won't offer general liability. I'd appreciate any other recommendations. Thanks in advance!

-Amber Smith
    AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 2.  RE: Insurance for New Interpretation Business

Posted 02-25-2022 08:47 AM
    Hi Amber -

Congrats on your upcoming launch!

Our general liability policy for Greenfire Creative, LLC has been with
    State Farm for many years. No complaints; happy to send you the name of
    our agent, if you need it.

Judy

AAM Annual Meeting & MuseumExpo, Baltimore, May 16-19, 2024, click to learn more

• 3.  RE: Insurance for New Interpretation Business

Posted 02-25-2022 09:35 AM
    https://www.hiscox.com/   Try Hiscox.  I found their rates competitive for small businesses. 

• 4.  RE: Insurance for New Interpretation Business

Posted 02-28-2022 12:37 PM
    Congratulations on your new business!

I second the vote for Hiscox for E&O. They may also carry general liability but I get mine through Farmer’s because they insure my house.

Good luck,
    Barbara

Sent from my iPhone

• 5.  RE: Insurance for New Interpretation Business

Posted 02-25-2022 10:13 AM
    Hi Amber,
    What type of insurance you need is dependent upon what type of business you are opening, i.e. Sole Proprietor, LLC or Corporation. My company is an LLC and my insurance carrier is CFC https://www.cfcunderwriting.com/en-us/ which was secured through my personal insurance broker. It covers general liability as well as E&O.
    Hope this is helpful.
    Courtney
    Courtney B. Wilson
    Courtney B. Wilson & Associates, LLC
    Museum Advisors and Consultants
    410-340-4226